IL, US

yeah last house party spot in chicago became a regular stop for bored cops... and warehouses are pure trouble in the midwest, schizophrenia 4 comes to mind ... there may be some potential in the gallery scene in chicago, but they seem to just have generic djs spin if anything at the openings these days

Maine

not a soul in sight sad
idk maybe they are just hiding...
any chiptuners in new england?

Brunswick, GA USA

See You In Sleep, coda, and the @party crew are Massachusetts based, and there are a number of people in eastern Canada. Ymmv

Houston

Is there anybody out here in Fishers? So lonely sad

Maine
chunter wrote:

See You In Sleep, coda, and the @party crew are Massachusetts based, and there are a number of people in eastern Canada. Ymmv

oh awesome do they have a facebook page i could like so i know when they are doing shows and stuff?

Seattle, WA
boaconstructor wrote:

Seattle's scene was pretty neat a few years back.. then it was pretty quiet for over a year. It's really been making a comeback these last few months, though. New series of shows called "X-Bit" have been good times for sure.. 3 deep right now and it doesn't look as though it is going to slow down.

I get to see Electric Children & MCFiredrill & Ovenrake & Turtlesaur & Orbital Strike & Deepearth.void & Live Animals & Awesomecat & other awesome people play frequently and it's rad.

There's a lot of emphasis around the live scene lately as well.. some dudes have been putting almost as much time into their live sets as they do their productions (given they track in LSDJ at over 9000 mph). The regular (non-chipartist) show-goers are cool; they like to become inebriated and dance. They're all pretty familiar with the scene and make mario jokes. There are afterparties for most shows. Here, people get more drunk and the attending artists who didn't play at the show usually throw down.. so people continue to shake their rumps late into the night.

Everybody is friendly and every show is a big lovefest. You guys should come see it some time, its pretty darn cool.

And no one offered me drugs.

canada

in my province there is: heosphoros and kommisar.

i don't think there are any more.

i haven't talked to them.

Liverpool, UK

Liverpool/Manchester - North West of England is doing pretty well I suppose - me and the Megabyte crew are organising a two-day festival for September - we're actually doing a Kickstarter at the moment, if y'alls are interested! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/386 … -weekender Some sweet rewards including t-shirts by KeFF, exclusive tracks, and even an LSDJ cart with top banana tunes by some of the Superbyte artists!

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/9699/ … ckstarter/

Bristol

^ donated... there isn't much here in wales / south west UK. would love to do more gigs further afield! The music scene in Cardiff is pretty diverse though, which means I basically play where-ever will have me... Wife and I have been talking about putting on a chip night like forever...

Nottingham, UK

There was a chip show in Leicester during the 2009 boom. Apart from my own gigs there haven't been any since (as far as I'm aware). I'm in Nottingham currently but I'm looking to tap my little well of local resources and try to put on a chip gig in Leicester at some point. If there are any east midlands folks around these parts, get in touch! It'd be nice just to have a pint with some chip musicians and see what we can put together.

My lady friend is from Liverpool and I'm pretty excited that that puts me a pretty sweet position to go see some great gigs and maybe meet some of the folks I've been listening to for so long.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Jan 21, 2013 8:53 pm)

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

There was a chip show in Leicester during the 2009 boom.

The 2009 boom?

Nottingham, UK
xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx wrote:
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

There was a chip show in Leicester during the 2009 boom.

The 2009 boom?

Well boom is probably an overstatement. What I really mean was around the time Colonopenbracket got in Kerrang and Rocksound.

Brunswick, GA USA
TheBronyChip wrote:

oh awesome do they have a facebook page i could like so i know when they are doing shows and stuff?

Http://seeyouinsleep.com
Http://coda.s3m.us
Http://atparty-demoscene.net

Links from memory, don't know if there are bookfaces or not

Liverpool, UK
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:
xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx wrote:

The 2009 boom?

Well boom is probably an overstatement. What I really mean was around the time Colonopenbracket got in Kerrang and Rocksound.

That was more around 2007 tongue

Source: I put : ( on my first ever gig (after their stints supporting Enter Shikari + Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly) in August 2007

Nottingham, UK
calmdownkidder wrote:

That was more around 2007 tongue

Source: I put : ( on my first ever gig (after their stints supporting Enter Shikari + Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly) in August 2007

I stand corrected!

Douglas, Wyoming

I live in the middle of nowhere Wyoming. Needless to say it isn't bustling.