Chicago

Denver's in an odd place right now. We have Rainbowdragoneyes who's super active (obviously), but other than that, not so much.
We have like seven guys in town that chip, but we haven't been as cohesive and active as we could be.
We're throwing a 4Loko party (the OG cans, idk how they got a hold of them). I guess we'll go from there.

Central-ish VA
Kedromelon wrote:

in NYC its great... but I'm back in Maryland for the summer.  There's actually a decent amount of us here (between northern VA, DC, and WV), but we're all generally at least an hour's drive from each other, so its difficult to get together often.  There's also a huge lack of venues until you get into either Baltimore or DC, and even there, only a select few are supportive of anything that's not hip hop or terribly outdated hard rock cover bands.

The midatlantic area welcomes you home, old friend.  Don't get too spoiled in NYC now!

brooklyn
Beverage wrote:
Kedromelon wrote:

in NYC its great... but I'm back in Maryland for the summer.  There's actually a decent amount of us here (between northern VA, DC, and WV), but we're all generally at least an hour's drive from each other, so its difficult to get together often.  There's also a huge lack of venues until you get into either Baltimore or DC, and even there, only a select few are supportive of anything that's not hip hop or terribly outdated hard rock cover bands.

The midatlantic area welcomes you home, old friend.  Don't get too spoiled in NYC now!

bahahaha... I've missed you all.  we should all do another shepherdstown show sometime.

San Diego, CA

kedromelon -- you should all your tweets from being in Maryland for the summer and compile them into a book and title it "Longing"

bestseller status I swear!

tbh not having a chip community locally means you're less likely to play only chip shows filled with other chip musicians.  it's not really broadening your appeal doing that.

Iowa

I don't think a farm state like mine would know jack diddly squat about chiptune.

killadelphia
Dot.AY wrote:

Every single person complaining about there not being a scene trust me there is no scene because you haven't made one...

this is why I've been involved with 8static since its inception.  It draws people from far away to come here and share their ideas... which in turn gives everyone a lot inspiration here in Philly.  Sharing actually makes you more creative, so these communities we're talking about are just as important as our individual creations.  virtual communities are good but actual physical communities follow through with fighting a revolution.  If you don't like the way your town views chip music - change it.

Last edited by animalstyle (May 22, 2012 6:44 pm)

Holland

Well, my town/area's chiptune community exists of me and cerror. And that's fine.

Lexington, KY

There are no other chooners for hours away besides me....
...but brkfest will fix that.... heh heh heh
www.brkfest.org = SHAMELESS PLUG (But relevant!)

Abandoned on Fire
Solarbear wrote:

I've got a good feeling about Lexington.  It's going to decide that chip is pretty cool and carve out a nice little space for it.  smile

I'm down here next to Nashville where one might think a chip scene would naturally grow since it's Music City.  But I believe Smiletron and RDE will both agree with me that it's not gonna happen.  Nashville runs on favors and chip has nothing anybody wants.  hmm

nashville,tn
egr wrote:
Solarbear wrote:

I've got a good feeling about Lexington.  It's going to decide that chip is pretty cool and carve out a nice little space for it.  smile

I'm down here next to Nashville where one might think a chip scene would naturally grow since it's Music City.  But I believe Smiletron and RDE will both agree with me that it's not gonna happen.  Nashville runs on favors and chip has nothing anybody wants.  hmm

people have been really receptive at the shows i've played. chips' got that super square bass. peeps always dig that

East Kilbride, Scotland

It exists, but I don't feel all that connected to it any more. But that's really because of the way I am more than anything else. The people whose music I enjoyed most have all moved away (Edward Shallow, Enfant Bastard, Firebrand Boy).

Melbourne, Australia
Tken A.D. wrote:

In Australia, it's terrible, especially in Adelaide. The is a few artists in Melbourne, but that's about it

I realise that all the Aussies have come out and spoken about this post, and maybe Adelaide doesn't hae as many artists as some of the cities but I can think of at least a half dozen artists there. Also, in Australia we travel to see chip and because of that have one of (imho) the tightest chip communities you could get in such a huge country

Go to one of DJTr!ps ultracade events or Joypad - Adelaide actually has more regular events that have a chip element than any other state in Australia. But if you REALLY want to come to a proper chip show get over to Melbourne for a SoundBytes and meet a bunch of the other Aussie artists.

Milwaukee, WI

I'm actually starting to dig the local Milwaukee scene.  There are a lot of chip artists, not a lot of chip shows, but a few weekly/monthly electronic shows.  + we've got Radiograffiti! wink  I think we could explode over here in the midwest.

Virginia

I live in Virginia of the United States.
I had no idea where the chip heads are but as far as I know it's just me and BenCarignan, and he lives on another side of water in the area we are in. Maybe he might know some but I know none. So as far as I know I rep and control this side of the water where as he has his side.
I've also been trying to get some of my friends into it. Then they see how I do it, and to them it's like learning another language. But for the most part, at least I do have their support and that's a good thing.

NC in the US of America

So, like, anybody know any chiptuners in Wilmington, NC and it's surrounding cities?