The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I'm jealous of all of you. sad

Really bad in Germany, near Stuttgart. I haven't met a single other chip artist in my life.
But as Je Mappelle mentioned, this makes me the best around here :'D
The really sad thing about this is, that there are like zero shows i could reach in time with little effort.

(btw i think it's a good thing it's so "underground" and in my opinion this will stay like this for a very long while. Like everyone else experienced, the main-reaction to it is "pokemon", with few exception)

matt's mind
SketchMan3 wrote:

It's just me, as far as I can tell.

there are a few north carolinians here

Melbtown, Lolstralia

Every single person complaining about there not being a scene trust me there is no scene because you haven't made one...

When I started I knew of very few active artists in Australia let alone Brisbane so I tried to connect with anyone close the closest was 10kfreemen in Sydney (over 900KM away)... so yeah look harder and become activley involved in the "music" scene  and the "chip" aspect of it will come

Sweden

It's been good here for as long as I've been somewhat involved, at least. It's easy to get a gig and people seem to appreciate the music. The electronic music scene in general seems to thrive here, but maybe it's just the people I hang around.

Gosford, Australia
Chainsaw Police wrote:

The Aussie scene is awesome!
I needed an extra gameboy and ems cart for one night, just for a gig, and people were popping out of nowhere offering me one for the week!

oh man i didn't see that you needed one otherwise i would've offered you twenty carts indefinitely and a night with my eldest, most beautiful daughter!

see you at flashback man! smile

Spain

I live in Sevilla (Spain) and I can say that we are creating some chiptune community here. This is really great, because this place is really small. We don't have events 'à la Blip', but we do different things like workshops and different live acts. In Barcelona there's a quite interesting scene too.

Kubbi is hard to believe for me that there's no chiptune community in Norway. Just have a look here http://www.scenemusic.net/demovibes/artists/ and notice all the demoscene musicians you have in your country (Arachno is still one of my favourites). I've always thought that the 'traditional' European scene is different to the American, as one comes from the demos world and the other comes from the netlabel world.

Dot.AY wrote:

Every single person complaining about there not being a scene trust me there is no scene because you haven't made one...

+1

England

4mat lives down the road somewhere (although ive never met him) but cambridge has a nice electronic/psychedelic/weird/noisey music scene, which im involved with. a bit.

London is about an hours drive away, plenty of nice kids down that way.

Last edited by Jellica (May 22, 2012 9:36 am)

Amity Level 2 wrote:

Really bad in Germany, near Stuttgart. I haven't met a single other chip artist in my life.
But as Je Mappelle mentioned, this makes me the best around here :'D
The really sad thing about this is, that there are like zero shows i could reach in time with little effort.

(btw i think it's a good thing it's so "underground" and in my opinion this will stay like this for a very long while. Like everyone else experienced, the main-reaction to it is "pokemon", with few exception)

Count me in, also from Germany "near" Nürnberg (45 mins away from it).
Lucky for me, some months ago i met a dude who is in a Chiptune-related band. He'll play this Friday in Augsburg. Still a 1 hour drive, but that's okay.

Anyway still, if i talk to somebody and say i write Chiptune, they are like "Woat?". As soon as i use the term "gameboy music" there are all about tetris and stuff.

uhajdafdfdfa

casiokid are from my town and possibly girljoy too?

yeah it's pretty great

sweden
Bit Shifter wrote:

It's all right.

thisguy.jpg

Germany/Florida

Im proud to say im the only american living in Germany that produces chiptune. @Amity Level2, I live 2 hours from Stuttgart, I live near Kaiserslautern so you are not alone smile

Sydney, NSW
Victory Road wrote:

oh man i didn't see that you needed one otherwise i would've offered you twenty carts indefinitely and a night with my eldest, most beautiful daughter!

Where do you live? I don't have one yet, so if you could toss in a DMG, I'd be happy to meet up and borrow them from you! (before the event , preferably)

See you there!

Gosford, Australia

gossy brah. how long before the event are we talking?
let's facebook this business!

nashville,tn

music in general is pretty badass in nashville, all of the kinds, contrary to most peeps beliefs. a handful of chips and bits (more circuit bending than chip) and plenty of awesome elctro-fun. its very inspiring actually.

Somerville, MA

I started performing chipmusic several years ago (2005-2006) and there was literally no scene happening in Boston.  This was also before I knew there was an online community, so maybe there were some people hiding and we just didn't meet each other.  But then all of the sudden it seemed like there were plenty of people making chipmusic in Boston and it keeps growing.  It might be that we were all there the whole time and just didn't know it.