IL, US
Theta_Frost wrote:

I'm actually starting to dig the local Milwaukee scene.  There are a lot of chip artists, not a lot of chip shows, but a few weekly/monthly electronic shows.  + we've got Radiograffiti! wink  I think we could explode over here in the midwest.

if we could only replace the people with other people who give a fuck about going to shows, yeah..
midwest has a a lot of talent (even chicago), just trouble getting people to come out to gigs...

Texas

A bunch of scene kids that think they can make music are taking away from people that actually have musical talent.
Besides that, IAYD, DataFix, Kloudygirl and Klownin have done a lot to contribute to making a "chiptune community" here in South Texas.

Me?
Just played an open mic and pretty much done nothing to make the chip scene more noticeable, but that will change really soon, when I make more/better songs of course.

Abandoned on Fire
sugar sk*-*lls wrote:
egr wrote:

I've got a good feeling about Lexington.  It's going to decide that chip is pretty cool and carve out a nice little space for it.  smile

I'm down here next to Nashville where one might think a chip scene would naturally grow since it's Music City.  But I believe Smiletron and RDE will both agree with me that it's not gonna happen.  Nashville runs on favors and chip has nothing anybody wants.  hmm

people have been really receptive at the shows i've played. chips' got that super square bass. peeps always dig that

I need to pay more attention, then.  I hadnt heard of a show since Danimal came through.

brooklyn
GRaVITY2DX wrote:

I live in Virginia of the United States.
I had no idea where the chip heads are but as far as I know it's just me and BenCarignan, and he lives on another side of water in the area we are in. Maybe he might know some but I know none. So as far as I know I rep and control this side of the water where as he has his side.
I've also been trying to get some of my friends into it. Then they see how I do it, and to them it's like learning another language. But for the most part, at least I do have their support and that's a good thing.

Cuttlefish, Beverage, Foreverthewin, and Mega Flare are all Virginia too.  Depending on whereabouts in Virginia, us in MD/WV/DC have teamed up with northern VA quite a few times, if that's your area (I realize it is a pretty large state...)

Being pretty close to Boston, it actually couldn't get much better.

Virginia
Kedromelon wrote:

Cuttlefish, Beverage, Foreverthewin, and Mega Flare are all Virginia too.  Depending on whereabouts in Virginia, us in MD/WV/DC have teamed up with northern VA quite a few times, if that's your area (I realize it is a pretty large state...)

I uhh--I had no idea! I  guess maybe I should do my research. This is kind of exciting news to me.

rochester, ny
animalstyle wrote:

Sharing actually makes you more creative, so these communities we're talking about are just as important as our individual creations.

Godzilladelph
bclikesyou wrote:
animalstyle wrote:

Sharing actually makes you more creative, so these communities we're talking about are just as important as our individual creations.

yepper. Plus it feels unfuckingbelievable to audibly hear your own influence in the people you always look up to wink

montreal, qc
XyNo wrote:

Montreal is an awesome place for chipmusic. The Toy Company guys are doing a really great job !!!

^This. Going to toycompany shows over the past few years and seeing people get enthusiastic over tracker music has definitely inspired me to keep up with my own weird tracker stuff.

buffalo, NY

I wish the toy company guys were at my show that I'm playing right now. I'm using venue wifi in Montreal  to make this post

Last edited by danimal cannon (May 23, 2012 3:40 am)

buffalo, NY

Yaaaaay chip scene support.   NOT

Toronto tomorrow

Brooklyn NY US

They're probably out protesting the new legislation illegalizing assembly and dissent or whatever bullshit it is that's out-America-ing America right now.

Philly, PA, USA

NORTHER MURKA

Milwaukee, WI
Theta_Frost wrote:

I'm actually starting to dig the local Milwaukee scene.  There are a lot of chip artists, not a lot of chip shows, but a few weekly/monthly electronic shows.  + we've got Radiograffiti! wink  I think we could explode over here in the midwest.

Let's not forget, this would technically be the third wave for us. We've exploded a few times already.

Fun fact: Baseck used to live/perform here.
Fun fact 2: Yuppster (8bitpeoples) had released material on Zod (Milwaukee label) in the early '00s.

montreal, qc

I'm not touching any of this with a ten foot pole.

CANADA!

I really hope that I am not the only Chip Music creator in all of British Columbia...cause I'm not very good. But as far as I know I am the only one...at least in Victoria.