Abandoned on Fire

What's the typical % for tipping a cab driver?

Brooklyn NY US

15%-20%.

Westfield, NJ

I just had lunch with bryface. Highlight of blip for me.

It's all downhill from here.

p.s. we spent the whole time talking about how gameboys suck and DS10 is the future.

Westfield, NJ
egr wrote:

What's the typical % for tipping a cab driver?

those newer cabs with the credit card swiping screen in the backseat have pre-defined tipping amounts that usually start at 20%. If for any reason you want to tip less than that, you have to make sure to tap "other amount" or whatever the option is. But 20% is fair if the driver didn't get you killed.

IL, US

^ or if they need you to give them directions.. that happens too often in new york

vancouver, canada
e.s.c. wrote:

get in around 11 tonight, finishing up some errands this morning then to the airport...
expect to see me show up at barcade around midnight with three big bags of stuff and a need for a good beer and some quality rampage time

i might drop by barcade for a bit if i don't accidentally oversleep tonight.  my place is not too far of a walk from there.

Decktonic wrote:

p.s. we spent the whole time talking about how gameboys suck and DS10 is the future.

woah now don't put words in my mouth now son!  i got nothing but straight up straight love for teh GBz and all other platformz.  plenty of room for all of them this weekend.

Westfield, NJ
bryface wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

woah now don't put words in my mouth now son!  i got nothing but straight up straight love for teh GBz and all other platformz.  plenty of room for all of them this weekend.

I wasn't serious!

Bronx, NY
Decktonic wrote:

*sharpens knives* *glares* BLIP MASSACRE 2012

São Paulo, Brazil

I am in town for one week now and I had to tip only once. That can give an idea of the kind of food I'm having. I got plans for tonight but tomorrow I'm thinking of getting to the open mic area about 7~8 pm. Anybody up for a drink?

IL, US

Just closed out barcade with Esopus .. time to go pass out

Bronx, NY
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Anybody up for a drink?

Yes! Shoot me a PM or email, let's do this.

São Paulo, Brazil

all right man, just shot you an email.

on my way to the museum of moving image in queens right now. damn, so much things to do in this town.

IL, US

starting this year like last year: 24+hours awake followed by 4 hours sleep.. sounds about right
edit: just realized i think ive started every blip this way, not just last year

brooklyn!
PULSELOOPER wrote:

all right man, just shot you an email.

on my way to the museum of moving image in queens right now. damn, so much things to do in this town.

great spot to hit, feel like a lot of blip attendees would enjoy a visit

Philly, PA, USA

yo, i get in 2nite a bit before the open mic, who wants to grab some quick food/maybe drinks around 8:30 or so?

Westfield, NJ
pixls wrote:

yo, i get in 2nite a bit before the open mic, who wants to grab some quick food/maybe drinks around 8:30 or so?

:: raises hand ::

what's a good place nearby?