Hey Guys,

sorry for my dumb Question, but where do i solder the Anode (+) from the LED? Which is it, the top or the bottom hole?

the diagram is right next to the led. like on the board on both sides.

I saw that, but didn't get the meaning of it.

Anode is the top. The resistor to replace, if necessary, is at the top left of the board (1k ohm).

I have been told the zenith diode (not resistor) will not allow it to burn out any led. so you don't need to add any resistance even for SMT LEDs

Louisiana

What I do is look at the led closely at the two points inside the glass one will look like a little triangle flag just take note of which side that is and put the replacement in the same way. Also I change the led in all my gameboys with green or amber and sometimes purple and I've never had to change the diode ever or resister. I believe it can stand any led. I haven't tried a black light yet but I'm betting it'll work fine also. But yea easy to do just slap the bitch in there an you're done. I would suggest though to use a desolderer to pull the solder off the points cleanly. Its kind of a bitch to heat the solder up on the points back and forth. You can burn the board and if you're not careful when you pull led out a piece of the board may come with it and then you'll be screwed.

Thanks Guys.
After the picture of 12ianma and googling the word "led diagram" i got it tongue
But another question about LEDs. I have to open the Boy again to replace a lose contact and have one white LED left. I would like to add it to the case, but which Power Source can be used for additional LEDs?

Just use the power from the power led. wire in parallel and you will be fine. it has enough current for quite a few LEDs as they draw so little current. Also two modern LEDs take about the same current as an old one (pretty sure)

Cool, thanks, so that would mean i also don't need a second resistor for it tongue

Yep, that's the best part

Louisiana

Post some pics when you're done man I wanna see what you're doing light wise. Case lighting fascinates me. smile