Chip Music Heart Bits -- a one stop for all your chipmusic updates!

It's a multi purpose web page for a chipmusic maniac. You can listen to chipmusic tracks from a number of sources. You can favorite tracks and get them later in "Favorites" filter. You can see all the current tracks and discussions or you can click chain buttons to filter out comments for specific forum thread or a track. Clicking a user avatar will show you his/hers comments and uploaded tracks.

bit -- a piece of information. Can be a new track or image posted, a new thread started, a new comment on a track/image/thread. It can be a new release posted on a net-label.

Exciting list of features:

• Bits are fetched nearly real-time from these sources: uCollective, ChipMusic.Org and NoiseChannel.

• Release sources: Ubiktune, 8BitPeoples, PxlBot, PterodactylSquad, NoiChan and iiMusic.

• New bits are pushed to your browser immediately.

• Favorites. Stored in your browser's localStorage.

• User filters to see user's comments and tracks.

• Media filters to see a forum thread or a track comments.

• Mobile layout ( see picture below ).

• More bits get loaded as you scroll down.

I'll be out from the project for some time now, but when/if I come back to it here's the list of maybe-todos:

• Community Favorites. Will be really interesting to derive some kind of rating system based on people's listens and favorites.

• NOJS version of the site for robots, spiders and security maniacs.

• Keyboard shortcuts. Like Ctrl+P to Pause and Ctrl+-> to Skip current track.

• Music only filter. A filter that shows only recent tracks.

• More playlist controls. Clearing, rearranging, saving different playlists, exporting to m3u.

• New bits notifier for custom filters. A small graphical indicator for User and Media custom filters.

• Favorites import/export. ( ex. merge Favorites from your desktop to your mobile browser )

Hope you find it useful. Please, check it out. Any feedback is much appreciated.
*_*

Last edited by fuxter (Sep 6, 2012 11:53 pm)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

At first I was like "why" and then I was like "seriously why" now I'm like "actually a fucking genius idea", please keep this updated, as I definitely will start using it

AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

fucking genius idea

you've had me make a short lol here smile
i can't really estimate the time when it'll be 100% finished.  but i'll try my best to make it to v1.0 in one month or so.  unfortunately, grand design will come last.  and i'm really scared of the thought of doing it.

Y'know dude, if you made this huge and allowed users to just subscribe to whatever forums you want; you could make it big and sell this to google or something... Just saying...

Looks like a sweet idea, has some serious potential. Filters'll be nice and maybe a "context" button that you can click to show the previous post or two in the thread.

Chicago IL

what is this i don't get it

Saskrotch wrote:

what is this i don't get it

what? you don't even...

Chip Music Heart Bits is a one page app for all you chipmusic updates needs.

@Zef not quite sure i got what you mean.  "potential" will end when the app is super usable and covers most of chip music related sites.  if you mean subscribing to whatever forum universally, that's pretty impossible task.  although you gave me idea of some way of showing related bits.  like replies on twitter are shown when you click on them.

EDIT: just realized that Zef meant exactly that =]  i'm slowpoky lately

Last edited by fuxter (May 27, 2012 10:57 pm)

Unsubscribe

I think the problem is not having one place to view everything, but finding the gems amongst the flood.. it would be cool to track links and likes and have some sort of web metric social voting for the stuff you should try and check out.

Orange County, CA

This is so awesome, with a little bit of polish and added features this could legitimately be my most favorite web site big_smile

Last edited by Dr Treble (May 28, 2012 2:57 am)

Savannah, Georgia
herr_prof wrote:

I think the problem is not having one place to view everything, but finding the gems amongst the flood.. it would be cool to track links and likes and have some sort of web metric social voting for the stuff you should try and check out.

so basically a totally-chip reddit.

› Show Spoiler

Orange County, CA
Aeros wrote:

so basically a totally-chip reddit.

› Show Spoiler

I get more of a Twitter/streaming feel than the hard post styles of Reddit but i see where that's coming from. Frankly though I view this infinitely more useful for chip than reddit is for anything else because it recognizes its focus is music and therefore can have that nifty song streamer at the top and all sorts of other music based goodies and featured things that you can't have with subreddits.

Milwaukee, WI

Wouldn't this basically be an RSS feed? I'm confused. Or Internet retarded.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
herr_prof wrote:

...and you've just designed a chip only hype machine.

shanghai

im not sure i see the point of it myself...........unless your really desperate not to miss any updates of wisdom from Ant1 : )

wow!  is it really possible that 63 people are using my CMHB at this exact moment? that's what my server tells me.  i'm not ready for such load.  gotta setup the domain name quick.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
fuxter wrote:

i'm not ready for such load.

added user filters! now you can spy on your friends =]

sorry, it's going slow with this thingy