California

http://kotaku.com/5914149/musician-rele … cartridges

What do you guys think? I think it's a terrible waste of cartridges. He's not even doing chiptunes, just opening them up, throwing away the boards and sticking an mp3 player in them or something.

Last edited by VCMG (Oct 4, 2012 2:40 am)

BOSTON

i think that if i was completely oblivious to this scene and like, animal style and batsly adams ACTUALLY releasing NES cartridge albums, i might think this was clever. i mean, my initial thought was WHAT A DOUCHE, but dude can't know everything, so whatever. its not like there isnt enough carts to go around.

Even limited edition gold cartridges?

Godzilladelph
onthefirstlineKotaku wrote:

Musician Jon Black, aka Fort Atlantic, has released his latest album on Nintendo Entertainment System cartridge.

Classic Kotaku professional editing

Ciudad de méxico, MX

if he managed to make the USB thingy with his songs files, AND the chiptune versions for playback on real NES that would have been killer.

sweden

A few people on here have made similar stuff. Low-Gain released one of his albums in a NES cart (3" cd in a NES cart). Crashfaster and Glowing Stars released gb mp3 carts (memory stick in gb cart).

I think.

Milwaukee, WI

What the fuck is the point?

Milwaukee, WI

I'm releasing my next album in a shoebox. Kotaku will be the first people to know.

Gosford, Australia

hipster cred i suppose
the label would be running at a loss on these so it's obviously just a PR exercise
nothing to get mad about though

UK

chipmusic scene assumes everyone knows about chipmusic scene. but yeah, poor guy.

UK

"Awesomely, the label even went and bought five golden Zelda carts", wouldn't say that was awesome, more a waste of zelda carts.. most games i could easily live with being destroyed for no real reason, but zelda was/is a good game (and people still buy it!).. i gonna guess the label probably tracked down damaged/non working carts to rape

hardcore, Australia

What makes this different from, say, chiptune artists who have done the same thing is that Black isn't what you'd call a games guy.

I wonder what the significance of the carts are?

Last edited by godinpants (May 30, 2012 7:55 am)

Earth
godinpants wrote:

What makes this different from, say, chiptune artists who have done the same thing is that Black isn't what you'd call a games guy.

I wonder what the significance of the carts are?

Just exploiting nostalgia seems like.

Armidale NSW Australia :D

If he isn't into games why release an album on game carts?

Philadelphia

He wants to be a cool hip guy I guess.

East Kilbride, Scotland

It would have been cool if he just included a new label on each cartridge (with a unique album download code), then you'd get a surprise new game with the package.