NSW, Australia

Hey everyone smile just released this track tell me what you think, only constructive feedback please smile

http://theskyisblacknotblue.bandcamp.co … -blue-demo

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jul 20, 2012 7:56 am)

Atlanta

Definitely work on learning better chord progression, improving song structure, recording quality, and mixing.
Good luck!

NSW, Australia
Girl Posse wrote:

Definitely work on learning better chord progression, improving song structure, recording quality, and mixing.
Good luck!

yeah, the recording quality was a bit rough, Thanks for your feedback smile

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jul 20, 2012 7:56 am)

Hi There!
I think you got some good melodies there. As Girl Posse said, better song structure is needed, they build up very boring and static.

May I ask you how old you are?
You should definitely improve your screams/shouts. They just don't sound great. I think It's because of your age.
You need plenty more volume in your voice. Try to shout or scream really loud, don't think at your mom, neighbours or whoever, this helps pretty good!

NC in the US of America

@"Diamond Skies Are Enough For Me"
I'm always disappointed when I hear a good melody screamed rather than sung... sad But I guess that just comes with the genre. That's just my personal opinion. It's fun to imagine the implied melody, at least.

I must say, I liked the contrast between the upbeat instrumentation and the angry/angst-ridden/vindictive lyrics. Funny in a subversive.

NSW, Australia
SketchMan3 wrote:

@"Diamond Skies Are Enough For Me"
I'm always disappointed when I hear a good melody screamed rather than sung... sad But I guess that just comes with the genre. That's just my personal opinion. It's fun to imagine the implied melody, at least.

I must say, I liked the contrast between the upbeat instrumentation and the angry/angst-ridden/vindictive lyrics. Funny in a subversive.

Thanks for your feedback i'm glad you enjoyed it.   

@Amity Level Two

I will work to improve my screams/shouts smile

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jun 9, 2012 12:29 am)

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

I think you might need a bit less repetition, or to sing/scream more to overcome some of the repetition.

NSW, Australia
10k wrote:

I think you might need a bit less repetition, or to sing/scream more to overcome some of the repetition.

Thanks a lot i'm definitely going to work on my screams more