North Bridge

Back to topic...
-200€ / Year aprox... still love it.

London

Not a great deal to be honest.

Sometimes I get absolutely minted for a gig, and then I put it back into the pot for playing some loss making smaller shows.

It doesn't matter really though does it, not like we're in it for the money wink

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
gwEm wrote:

It doesn't matter really though does it, not like we're in it for the money wink

Westfield, NJ
Zan-zan-zawa-butt wrote:

chiptune can sell out without you selling out. if the standard perception of low-bit music is dance music and covers then if your tunes sound like Art Bears kicking an atari ST to death you are still an underground lich king

Chicago, IL

I'm in the hole a couple hundred right now with no releases.

.FILTHadelphia
SadPanda wrote:
The Sky Is Black Not Blue wrote:

.............I wish.............i think Nintendocore will just attract scene kids.......

i think that's what he meant by the kids with funny Japanese cartoon haircuts

Bingo.

Madison, Wisconsin, USA

I made $11 at my last gig. I got free root beer and a LOT of VERY ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE asked me Out,                                                             '

Cambridge UK
xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx wrote:

VERY ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE asked me Out

You mean the bouncers kicked you out?

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
George wrote:
xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx wrote:

VERY ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE asked me Out

You mean the bouncers kicked you out?

Out on A ROMANTIC DATE. That's enough pretentious commentary, you mirthless clown.

Forest Maze

Okay, you can close this thread now.

Melbourne, Australia

From the promoter/bookers perspective (and of course I can only speak from my experience) whilst we do sometimes "make money" on shows, incedentals, past losses (trying to get a scene happening and having less than sucessful shows), budget overspends and my thirst for beer generally eats up any real "profit".

I'd say the people making any real money in this niche could be counted on one hand.

.FILTHadelphia

You gotta be handsome to win this game. Uggos ain't gonna make it. Truth.

IL, US

ok, this is getting even more foolish than it was, closing it.. tl;dr=usually less than a few hundred a year off of making chip music