Hey guys I know we are all making chip music for the love of it but some of us pay our bills with the income we make from our albums, Ep's etc. So I was wondering what do you guys think the average monthly income for a chip musician?

P.S. you guys dont have to put down your actual monthly salary if you dont want too.

All the biggest guys obviously roll in with their boats and hoes

edit: boatz n' hoez

Last edited by an0va (Jun 22, 2012 2:35 am)

Savannah, Georgia

$10 yearly if i'm lucky

oh god why can't i pay for anything anymore

Chicago IL

a million dollars every day

NSW, Australia

It depends a lot on how popular you are.

Rochester, NY

pennies

montreal, qc

3-500$/year
more in years where i put stuff out/play shows.
if i'm lucky, this basically means a week or two per year where i can say "fuck work" and relax/focus on some tunes.

not exactly a chip musician, though. just tracker music.

Unsubscribe

Withering sarcasm.

Savannah, Georgia
The Sky Is Black Not Blue wrote:

It depends a lot on how popular you are.

New York

i've made $19 so far.

mainz, grmny.

Very likely we earn more than -100$ a year.
Yes, that's a minus.
It's negative.
You mainly pay for making music.

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDyUhI1ArPo

Last edited by Stern Fucking Zeit (Jun 22, 2012 2:58 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I made some change with my album. Felt real good. smile

Rhode Island

It's a very lucrative career. I would quit whatever job you have now and immediately start writing chip music. Just think, it's like being a professional musician only you make video game music. People will practically throw money at you.

I mean I would never think that chipmusic was a very lucrative career, I mean if you are semi popular you have to make some money right?

brooklyn
Nesiss wrote:

I mean I would never think that chipmusic was a very lucrative career, I mean if you are semi popular you have to make some money right?

not really, every "semi popular" artist i personally know has at least one job or actual source of income
edit: (err, i shouldn't speak in extremes... I guess I don't know for sure that they ALL do)

Last edited by Kedromelon (Jun 22, 2012 3:10 am)

Yeah; chipscene is pretty small overall; and any gigs there are don't really pay. Whatever the money is, it's pretty much not enough to be relevant for anything. If you can keep up with the music equipment you're buying then I'd say you're doing well.