Matthew Joseph Payne

The Glowing Stars has about broken even so far, not including our personal gear that we already owned.

I've made some significant money doing commissioned work, but nothing stable.

AANABAY01

it depends how kinky you want the RP to be

shanghai

not really anything. i was lucky the cd launch for me wasawesome in shanghai. the promoter is a wondeful guy and i got about 3 quid per person that attended. so i made basically 1000 GBP. But that was used to pay off uk debts haha from of course buying music equipment with my overdraft before i came here. other than that, a few bucks drip into bandcamp every once and a while but this is normally used straight away to donate back to people records i like on 'pay what you want'. All in all, expect to make jack shit, maybe like 50 quid for a sat gig and free drinks. if you're really lucky you use your 'fame' to get a drunk girl at the end of the night haha

BOSTON
Downstate wrote:

if you're really lucky you use your 'fame' to get a drunk girl at the end of the night haha

but isn't this really what it's all about? to answer that question: yes. yes it is.

Rhode Island

But you know you've really made it when the girl is only slightly buzzed.

Philadelphia

What the fuck are girls?

Milwaukee Area, WI

-$1200/year

shanghai

NAH YOU'VE ONLY MADE IN WEN DA HOE IS SUCKIN YOU OFF WHILST YOUR PLAYIN
seriously though, i have a g friend so i dont reep such benefits
it is interesting though that i go to the same place all the time.
normally am left to my social awkwardness and odd dancing in relative peace.
after playing a show however there's always chicks lke 'wow you are a wicked dj'
and im like 'er what part of the sampler, 2 keyboards and pauses inbetween songs did you see as a wicked dj set' haha
so i hope you all realise when you play live, 90% of the audience think you're playing someone elses music anyway ffs : P

Planet Zaxxon

Here is a serious answer.

$150-$500 a year.

uhajdafdfdfa

none Nothing NONE

Brunswick, GA USA
ant1 wrote:

none Nothing NONE

I thought you had all your downloads set on "free."

I think the global scope of forums like this and the size of events like blip create the illusion that this "scene" is bigger than it really is, it catches newcomers off guard all the time.

uhajdafdfdfa
chunter wrote:
ant1 wrote:

none Nothing NONE

I thought you had all your downloads set on "free."

yeah smile smile~ smile~~

about to sell some cds but that will be at cost price

Sydney, NSW

i made fifteen bucks off selling a single track to godinpants.

bought some killer vinyls with that money.

Abandoned on Fire

If a chip dude cracks triple digits in a given year then they are doing very well.

Brunswick, GA USA

I think there was an earlier thread that shared sales figures... Truth is if you want to approach quit/sabbatical from work territory you have to gig outside the chipmusic world and sell merchandise and have sync rights and all...

Speaking only for myself, I don't have that much of an eye for marketing, that is, I don't have the skill to persuade somebody buy something they don't already want.

Last edited by chunter (Jun 22, 2012 6:11 pm)

Unsubscribe

The last triple digits I cracked was 411 for the welfare office.