Melbourne, Australia
Saskrotch wrote:

my descriptions of hipsters: irony as a way of life

You're good on these definitions. I might have to add you to the payroll.

shanghai

in truth, what i meant all along but do not explain well is this
chipnerds like us are probably not interested in paying this much for something that is basically just a 'show boaty' MGB
therefore i feel like  its aimed at people that dont make predominantly 8 bit music. but people that would like to make 8 bit sounds, but not just have to rely on tracking, and this is something that would look half cool if performing live.

Unsubscribe

Irony is just cosmic humor for the humorless.

Gosford, Australia

fart jokes are where it's at amirite

shanghai

'parp'

(snigger-tee-hee-hee)

Boulder, CO

Oh I get it, it makes your gameboy stand up.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Turns your gameboy into a gameman!

Chicago IL
celsius wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

my descriptions of hipsters: irony as a way of life

You're good on these definitions. I might have to add you to the payroll.

you and dot.ay can pay me in trap / footwork mixes

(seriously y'all need to do that for me, even if it's just like a folder of some tracks)

shanghai

some one said trap right
pseudo trap is ok yes
http://soundcloud.com/downstate/grimes-dead

Italy

They're at about half the funding, and they also made a video where they show the first three potentiometers and other stuff

Indiana

Nearly half of that "product tour" is a demo of LSDJ/MGB hmm

I was completely and utterly unimpressed. hmm

Easton, PA, USA

my question is what would actually make this impressive? or worth a huge price tag?

Chicago IL

wait wait can they put lsdj on it without a license

Indiana
Saskrotch wrote:

wait wait can they put lsdj on it without a license

I believe this has been discussed to some degree on the Ninstrument thread (http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/5887/ … g-updated/). They mentioned they would be doing something similar to what Nonfinite/Kitsch do with flash carts where they offer to flash LSDJ to carts with proof of license, so they wouldn't really be selling the software.

I was a bit unhappy with that comparison honestly. For one, their advertising really does seem to be overtly manipulative. They basically equate the LSDJ/MGB functionality with that of their product. My second problem is that their business model just isn't the same thing as Kitsch and Nonfinite. The product they're selling has very little functionality without LSDJ and virtually no midi capability without MGB.

What they're selling is an accessory to an already existing product. They really need to be clear and straightforward with that. For the most part, their product does something that costs ~$50. What they are marketing should be the build quality, accessibility, added stutter effects, etc. It's skeazy to build up press how they are.

Stutter effects. That's what I got a mini kp for. Only $45. And I can still hold my gameboy.