Last edited by DSC (Jan 29, 2012 2:17 am)

San Diego

I would actually like more info on this thing since I have most of the components, besides the rack, just laying around. Any pics of the inside of the case? If you plan to make them what would the price range be?

buffalo, NY

thats pretty fucking sexy.  But then again Gameboys and an NES sitting on a table in plain sight is also sexy

Last edited by danimal cannon (Jan 19, 2012 6:29 am)

matt's mind

i think thats pretty badass

ad-hell-aide

Beautiful!

vancouver, canada

um, that is fracking beautiful.

the only reservation i have is, it seems to be tailor made for a rack setup in a studio where it's kept safe and sound, but on the other hand something like that just SCREAMS to be displayed and shown off in a live setting whenever possible.

i'm not sure how to reconcile the two.

Tokyo, Japan

Looks fantastic! How serious are you about actually producing these bad boys, and how much do you reckon they'll be once made?

Fargo

This looks so cool!  I can say now I'd be interested.  Would it be possible to have at least one front input for quick plug n' play?  If so, would it be able to be switchable between which it controls?  Also, does the panic button just cut the sound?  I've never used mGB before, but am familiar with it.

My. God.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

nice

Baltimore, MD

Very cool. I would like to see a video demo of the unit in operation.

Pixelseed wrote:

Very cool. I would like to see a video demo of the unit in operation.

dis

Unsubscribe

ive always wanted something liken this.. no slots for carts? Or at least a usb port to backup the sram data big_smile

Maybe you can have a little drive door like on a server case:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G … 38949_.gif

It would also be cool to have a third audio output to support expansion audio on a powerpak

oh and midi merge/thru? So it just has one midi input optionally?

Some LEDS to show the status of the arduinoboy settings would be cool too.

Great looking case so far!

Last edited by herr_prof (Jan 19, 2012 2:30 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Ok, so a couple of comments.
If this is primarily intended for mGB, what do you need the mode buttons/LEDs for? I'm assuming there are LEDs under the cover, or you're planning to add that. Actually, those are the same LEDs used for MIDI traffic indication, but the labeling seems a bit off, again, depending on the intention.
If this is not just intended for mGB, the cartridge should probably be more easily switchable.

MIDI has support for multiple channels, so theoretically the two mGB at lest should be able to share one MIDI cable. However, as far as I remember, mGB has some problems with receiving data on multiple MIDI channels, where it will crash and/or corrupt the save memory. But in theory, that could get rid of one of the physical MIDI jacks.

Currently, you obviously have no control over the Gameboy's buttons. I have an idea for how to wire up an NES controller for this purpose. (Basically, some 74hcxx  logic: a parallel to serial logic, a 555 timer and a decade counter, or similar to generate some pulses needed for the NES controller to return data and a couple of transistors to emulate the buttons.)

If you're using an EMS 64 Mbit cartridge, you can actually support multiple ROMs on one cartridge with a bootloader program.

I don't think there is a mass-market for this kind of project, but I'm sure there are a couple of rich people in this world who pay a pretty big sum of money for a unique piece like this. If that turns out to be the case, I could help you with customizing the two last things I mentioned for you. I'm sure there are a couple of thing NeX could help with as well. (For example, video out for the 'boys.)

How is the internal construction? Could it survive a free fall from 1.5 m? (5 ft. in backwards length units.) I think rack-mounted units are always assumed to be pretty rugged.

X

Last edited by DSC (Jan 20, 2012 9:41 pm)

killadelphia

nice work!