D D D Detroit, not the burbs

I think were getting too crazy on the arguing semantics at every corner possible, this is a work in progress.  I dont know about the gameboys but im pretty sure a video out for a nintendo is more then just possible and this things a proto type.  chip maestro hasnt even shipped yet(successfully funded 10x the amount required in june)

i bet theres plenty of time to iron out some problems and implement new ideas.  cant we get stoked for anything?

rochester, ny
DJCactus wrote:

I think were getting too crazy on the arguing semantics at every corner possible, this is a work in progress.  I dont know about the gameboys but im pretty sure a video out for a nintendo is more then just possible and this things a proto type.  chip maestro hasnt even shipped yet(successfully funded 10x the amount required in june)

i bet theres plenty of time to iron out some problems and implement new ideas.  cant we get stoked for anything?

my question about video out wasn't meant to be crazy, argumentative, or discouraging. i'm geniunely curious.

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
nickmaynard wrote:
DJCactus wrote:

my question about video out wasn't meant to be crazy, argumentative, or discouraging. i'm geniunely curious.

not you, i was just continuing the discussion, im sorry i ment more so the ultra negativity.  I wasnt so good at breaking up what i was saying into clear sections.

DSC, i don't think you should bother with Chipmusic.org it seems like legal issues and credit mean more than bringing creative ideas into the world.

its a shame that people can't even build concepts or prototypes without having to deal with all the formal crap.

people keep mentioning that this is a commercial product and so disrespects the creators of the free software, but for it to be commercial he has to sell at least ONE, so far with this being a prototype, its just an idea which is the important thing. when it comes to selling things i am sure DSC will get the appropriate permission, but this is purely a development phase.

also people seem to forget that making software free is a lot easier than making hardware free. software can be copied for free, hardware can't. now if all the people making free software were to also make free hardware and give it away that would be a big deal but its not going to happen. people can't afford to do that, so making money out of selling hardware is not evil, corporate or capitalistic its unavoidable, unless you are a billionaire with too much free time.

Tokyo, Japan
NeX wrote:

also people seem to forget that making software free.

Another solution might be for the Ninstrument team to develop / or commission development of their own software for NES / GB for the project then they can do whatever they like with it.

Unsubscribe

Sounds like they already started on that.