sorry i meant i can make the track ball from a blackberry work on a gameboy, but its not remotely, its by actually taking the trackball out of a blackberry and fitting it into the gameboy. i wish i had more time to work on my idea, its going to be a while before it happens tho

Fargo
kitsch wrote:

or put two swivle points on the sides of the screen so you could tilt it, like a mirror.  you'd need to reinforce your solder joint but it should be very manageable.  put two stopper in there so you can only tilt it so much.  that might be a workaround...

That's what I meant to say by tilt up or down, but not so well as you said it.  I don't understand as much about how to put it together.  It's great to hear that would be a feasible option.  A swivel screen would certainly be a nice feature.  smile

San Diego
Krubbz wrote:

Yet if you think how low racks can be at a studio, it wouldn't be good if the screen was at a permanent tilt downward.  Maybe there could be a tilt option to tilt up or down.  Or even a video out for a breakout screen?

Actually this was more of what I meant since most travelling racks are in a rolling unit but the option to tilt both up and down would be a great idea. Not to mention I think NeX already figured out a way to get a video out for Gameboys as it is, so that option could be totally feasible.

Milwaukee, WI

Wireless is excessive.  I liked the SNES controller idea, but really, any sort of breakout control would be fine.

Vile wrote:
Krubbz wrote:

Yet if you think how low racks can be at a studio, it wouldn't be good if the screen was at a permanent tilt downward.  Maybe there could be a tilt option to tilt up or down.  Or even a video out for a breakout screen?

Actually this was more of what I meant since most travelling racks are in a rolling unit but the option to tilt both up and down would be a great idea. Not to mention I think NeX already figured out a way to get a video out for Gameboys as it is, so that option could be totally feasible.

I missed this, NeX, did you really figure out a video out?
That would be a must feature, if it's not to crazy.

Tilting the screen might be cool, but I just measured and the best you would get is 10 degrees either way.  Would require considerable more expense too.  Is 10 degrees worth the extra cost?

Maybe video out is a better option?

Fargo
DSC wrote:

Tilting the screen might be cool, but I just measured and the best you would get is 10 degrees either way.  Would require considerable more expense too.  Is 10 degrees worth the extra cost?

I think I'd like video out better cuz you could have as big a screen as you want and you could put it anywhere.

DSC wrote:
Vile wrote:

I missed this, NeX, did you really figure out a video out?
That would be a must feature, if it's not to crazy.

i worked out a cheap and quick way of doing it using existing parts, but i don't know how to do it from scratch. there are a few that have done video out from scratch, but getting hold of their ideas and parts etc is very difficult

Prototype I Video now on homepage.
www.absolutextemes.com/ninstrument

England

You have made the front page of Matrixsynth. Well done DSC!

http://m.matrixsynth.com/

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

I would love to see a demo with chip maestro, in fact, chipmaestro.com never went live what did they end up calling it instead?

England

Sorry if you've already thought of this, but have you considered using the guts of a SNES and Super Game Boy?

That would give video out and joypad interface.

Thanks InactiveX,  I haven't had this much fun with these old sounds since the Mssiah Ctrl!
http://www.prophet64-forum.com/viewtopic.php?id=1665

Snes is a great idea as well as a Super Game Boy.  We are working on a screen-less 1U rack with removable carts right now too!

rochester, ny

it seems like everyone on other sites are assuming this is something you "invented" which I think makes it weird that you don't link to or reference trash80 anywhere on your site or in the video. I mean, right now it's just an arduinoboy in a rack, so I think he deserves a little credit, no?

It's a cool packaging and I dig a lot of the more recent ideas in this thread ( ext. controller + video out ) but the fact that trash80 isn't referenced anywhere is kind of weird to me, to be honest.

nickmaynard wrote:

it seems like everyone on other sites are assuming this is something you "invented" which I think makes it weird that you don't link to or reference trash80 anywhere on your site or in the video. I mean, right now it's just an arduinoboy in a rack, so I think he deserves a little credit, no?

It's a cool packaging and I dig a lot of the more recent ideas in this thread ( ext. controller + video out ) but the fact that trash80 isn't referenced anywhere is kind of weird to me, to be honest.

If he is insulted by it, why would I attach his name to it.
I think he is being generous even to allow me to post it here.

Boulder, CO
DSC wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

I guess just because someone is insulted means they deserve 0 credit for the effort they put in.

AdamGetsAwesome wrote:
DSC wrote:

I guess just because someone is insulted means they deserve 0 credit for the effort they put in.

Before this gets carried away, I emailed Trash80 two weeks before launching this thread.  I asked him then about credit, compensation and the works.  I received no response.  Then I released it and of course now we know how it was received.  If he wants credit, trash80, please let me know, since we have never had any direct communication.  I assumed since you were insulted by it, you would not want to be associated with it.

Again this is for trash80 to respond to.