Westfield, NJ

I am excited to present my second album, "Stars"

http://decktonic.bandcamp.com/album/stars

Pay-what-you-want (minimum price is 0, so free download if you want)

Also for $12 + shipping you can get this cool shirt:

8 songs were made with KORG DS10+ on Nintendo 3DS and the other 2 (#7 & #9) were made with Nanoloop on iPad. Here's the album description:

My second album, with elements of dubstep, skwee, house, electro and progressive, made with KORG DS10+ and Nanoloop for iPad. Inspired by the work of Henry Homesweet, KODEK, Cheapshot, ???, HarleyLikesMusic, Anthony Seeha and Disasterpeace.

I wrote these songs during a difficult time in my life, a period where I was so angry and depressed that I needed to channel my efforts into something positive. I think that in these songs, you can hear my anger, and at the same time, a hint of the healing process, a positive outlook on life, and the ever important need to never stop partying, no matter how bad things may get. This is about leaving it all on the dancefloor.

A quick note for listeners: you should use a stereo system or headphones that can reproduce the sub-bass spectrum effectively. You've been warned.

Enjoy.

http://thisisdecktonic.com

Love and Tonic Records #007
http://loveandtonicrecords.com

Philadelphia

Listening now! Also that shirt still kills.

São Paulo, Brazil

I was curious to hear your nanotracks since we spoke in NYC. And man, they sound awesome!

shanghai

act IV is very rad

Tulsa, OK

Best album of the year, and I'm not just saying that because I have a feature on it

I've kept an ear out for your stuff ever since your incredibly helpful video on Warioware DIY's Record Maker Matic (which - true story - singlehandedly inspired a friend of mine to go out and buy a DS the day after he watched it). These are some solid tunes, I would definitely drop 'Night Drive' into a lo-fi DJ set!

Westfield, NJ

Thanks everyone!

Jake Allison wrote:

Best album of the year, and I'm not just saying that because I have a feature on it

It's only june, I'm sure something better will come along soon.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I have nothing to say, which you should take as the greatest compliment. Seriously, speechless.

(Mebbee I'll regain speech later)

Westfield, NJ
Downstate wrote:

act IV is very rad

almost forgot to say, it's criminal how bad Bandcamp's MP3 encoder messed up the opening of this song. I can't even explain what is going on there. It sounds nice and clean when you download it. Oh well, complaining about audio quality on a chipmusic forum, lulz.

Tulsa, OK
Decktonic wrote:

I'm sure something better will come along soon.

impossibility

Utah

Nicely done.

http://vanguard-music.blogspot.com/2012 … stars.html

big_smile

Westfield, NJ

thanks so much!

I should take this moment to point out some other expert work done on DS10, that you should listen to if you haven't heard much DS10 music (these are all Bandcamp links):

Anthony Seeha - Transcend
(progressive house, electro, dubstep, chiptunes, japanese techno)
this guy is the absolute king of DS10, and he's like 15 years old. make sure to check out his youtube vids.

HarleyLikesMusic - Thunder Shock EP
(electro house)
whatever I've managed to do with DS10, this guy takes it 10 levels higher. I still can't explain how he does it. also check out his earlier EP "The Adventure".

bryface - how to dodge lasers
(soundtrack style, chiptunes, house, dnb)
an oldie but a must-listen, probably the first to really capture just how perfect the DS10 is for a space-themed shmup. I don't know if bryface is making DS10 music anymore but I hope he is.

also DS10 is big in Japan and there are some awesome musicians over there doing all kinds of stuff with it, I wish I had links to share but whatever, if you can find it it's all gold

.FILTHadelphia

It's going to be a good day at work tomorrow. A full Decktonic album, yeeeaaaahH!

vancouver, canada
Decktonic wrote:

bryface - how to dodge lasers
I don't know if bryface is making DS10 music anymore but I hope he is.

oh, i am.  you fellas sit tight.

thanks for the mention on your album btw!  and thanks for the advance CD you gave to me at blip.  again, your releases are getting progressively better - keep plugging away!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Nope. Still speechless.