washington
Merutochan wrote:

Woah!
Hope it doesn't crash with all of those mods! And also that it doesn't drain batteries lol

Yeah, it's probably going to destroy batteries.

clovis CA

if your going to trash the mega memory cart case, i can use it =]

Austin, TX
basspuddle wrote:

Yeah, it's probably going to destroy batteries.

Fa sho. I plan to have a way to connect external power for the ArduinoBoy through the D-sub connector, but even then it's still going to drain the batteries. The guy I'm making it for said that wasn't really a problem for him because he planned to keep it connected to an ac adapter most of the time.

Alley Beach wrote:

if your going to trash the mega memory cart case, i can use it =]

It's all yours. I might also have the case from a gameshark if you want that too.

washington

This is one crazy DMG, I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

Louisiana

This reminds me of a gameboy that nex did and it was a beauty. I'm excited as fuck to see this bitch when it's done. Also I'll take the gameshark case off your hands if no one has claimed it yet. I could probably do something useful with it. smile

Austin, Texas

I cannot conceive how you are going to fit all of that shit in there without multiple breakout boxes.

That's not to be critical, I'm just awestruck. I've spent a lot of time looking for the smallest possible parts to do things like internal PS/2 ports.

Austin, TX
Vex wrote:

This reminds me of a gameboy that nex did and it was a beauty.

Yeah NeX's Megatron DMG is what inspired some of the designs and features. I love his work.
And if I can find the Gameshark case, you can have it.

Telerophon wrote:

I cannot conceive how you are going to fit all of that shit in there without multiple breakout boxes.

It won't be easy, but I'm confident that it's possible haha. Finding small parts can be tough, but you can find pretty much anything on www.mouser.com, and at very reasonable prices. I got the Ps/2 port for this project from mouser, and it's much better than anything I've found at other electronics distributors.

Love the project. When I modded my DMG last week I didn't do t as precise as you did. Kinda screwed up a couple of things haha

Austin, TX
W4LKR wrote:

Love the project. When I modded my DMG last week I didn't do t as precise as you did. Kinda screwed up a couple of things haha

Thanks! I find that drawing everything out first really helps. Before I started drawing blueprints for everything I fucked up quite a few innocent Gameboys... may their souls rest in peace. Here's a tool that I would highly suggest looking into if you don't already have something similar,
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index … Id=3928375
once I got one of these it eliminated quite a few problems I was having while soldering.

Austin, TX

updated

Philadelphia

You sir are absolutely insane. This looks awesome and I really hope everything works out with this!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

That gameboy will be swiss cheese.

Austin, TX

update bump

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Auxcide wrote:

That gameboy is swiss cheese.

New Albany Indiana

(Masturbation joke here)

This is sick

Austin, TX

Updated.