Cambridge UK

tbh, your "obvious list" is just a bit...hrm...obvious. To a point it's boring. The problem with trying to fill in such a huge venue is that you have to invite every single big fish, even if their music don't fit together. And it falls into the "great names, horrible lineup" trap. But then, I'm old and grumpy. But I'd rather have shows with one or two big names, and some space for upcoming artists, than the "all-star obvious list". I'd travel to NYC for a Pulsewave that interests me, but not to that.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Since when was I taken off the obvious list?

Last edited by B3tabot (Jul 29, 2011 4:44 am)

Cambridge UK

b3tabot : I wanna see artists who's names and/or music I haven't heard yet. To me, that's the most interesting thing about Blip. Kinda hard to give you names...
Then, there's also people we almost never see in North America. I'd travel to NYC for an Australian lineup.

Brooklyn NY US

Why am I on the obvious list? I'm not obvious, I'm wearing camouflage.

HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW

AANABAY01

tristendo feat tristendo

------ = -------

Last edited by B3tabot (Jan 8, 2012 9:07 am)

Cambridge UK

But then, if you need to do a Kickstarter, don't do it.
I get more and more turned off and aggressive every time I see another one coming up.
Whenever I leave my flat to go to univ I know that in the 15 minutes transit I'll get asked by people for money on the streets at least 5 to 10 times. Beggars, student associations, charities, name it. Coming back to my place, checking twitter, facebook, chipmusic.org etc and being asked for money AGAIN is very annoying. And it seems that everyone and their dog is starting a kickstarter campaign in this scene these days.

/end rant

Brooklyn NY US
b3tabot wrote:

Bit shifter, who would you like to see at this show?

Can't say. Lineup burnout. The destiny of Club Laboom rests securely in your hands.

------ = -------

Last edited by B3tabot (Jan 8, 2012 9:07 am)

Brooklyn NY US

Agreed re: chipscene Kickstarter dependency. Don't get hooked.

New York City
b3tabot wrote:
George wrote:

tbh, your "obvious list" is just a bit...hrm...obvious. To a point it's boring. The problem with trying to fill in such a huge venue is that you have to invite every single big fish, even if their music don't fit together. And it falls into the "great names, horrible lineup" trap. But then, I'm old and grumpy. But I'd rather have shows with one or two big names, and some space for upcoming artists, than the "all-star obvious list". I'd travel to NYC for a Pulsewave that interests me, but not to that.

This is exactly the feedback we need !!!
Please tells us which names would you like to see, we want people to come to a show and see their favorite artist.
It's that simple, tell us who your favorites are....

====The "obvious" list is way bigger than that BTW, I didn't mean to leave anyone out=====

Not saying your idea is a good or bad, but I will throw my 2 cents in

My advice: don't follow advice, do what you want.

Huddersfield, UK

Interesting... maybe a better idea would be to avoid an "obvious" lineup and just curate the event yourself and be decisive about it. Blip does it year in, year out and always has kickass lineups with a few selections that surprise people. It's always a great feeling to turn up to any show without having listened to an artist much and come away wanting more and more.

Anyway, enough preaching. Good luck with this project, I'll keep my eye on it for sure smile

Edit: Anamanabros beat me to saying it.

Last edited by J&HT (Feb 19, 2010 11:16 pm)

New York City

Also that venues website is hysterical

Cambridge UK
Anamanaguchi wrote:

My advice: don't follow advice, do what you want.

Especially not mine (that was not an advice, but an opinion), I'm probably not representative of this scene.

------ = -------

Last edited by B3tabot (Jan 8, 2012 9:08 am)