sweden

The one thing I dont get about this thread is how in hell you would fill a 1k venue with unknown artists? Fill it with the cream of the crap.

IL, US

i dont think anyone suggested only unknown artists (at least i hope not)..though you have to admit that initial obvious list would get pricey to fly in, and even if it draws 1000 people @ $10 each, that could pose a problem for paying the artists & covering travel expenses after the venue gets its fair share

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

I think y'all should get 10k from Australia to play.

Cambridge UK

I say 10 000 free men and their families and friends and Raptor-Kharlan.

FERNDALE, MI, USA
George wrote:

id see that live for sure.

sweden
George wrote:

But the venue only had room for 1k what should the rest 9k do!? And not to mention their families!

Cambridge UK

I was thinking "let's just move that thing to the Albert Hall", but then Wikipedia told me "that the maximum permitted capacity is now 5544 including standing in the Gallery".

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

It has been a massive pain to get us all on stage lately.

Time to cull some of the "less active" members.

/me cocks shotgun.

------ = -------

Last edited by B3tabot (Jan 8, 2012 9:08 am)

------ = -------

Last edited by B3tabot (Jan 8, 2012 9:09 am)

FlashHeart

I wasn't trying to imply that this was unprofessional, I just thought there would be lots of contradictory feedback and in the end you'd just have to choose to listen to the people whose advice you trust anyway.

I also think that Pulsewave is already a great monthly show in New York, and now that there are shows in williamsburg and the village pretty frequently I think organizing a few bigger events throughout the year might not be such a bad idea - especially at such a big venue in a location that most people don't know.

I really think it's great that you're doing this and getting involved booking shows. I'm glad more people are doing that. It usually means more of us get to play. I was just saying that asking all the people on a forum what they want seems like a good way to invite confusion. But hey, that's just me.

I also think that the key to any good show is a combination of big names and little names. Particularly because we in New York have been spoiled by blip festival, pulsewave, and the hard work that people like 2PP, the Tank, and 8BP have put in to make sure that they ask great artists to come play. But you should also remember that, in a way, the reason some of those artists are so well known is because they've been invited to play Blip, or Pulsewave, and maybe they've been released on 8BP, or 2PP made an awesome video for them. Whatever the case may be, it was the show's organizer or the label's manager, or the video's director that decided who they wanted to book. They trusted their own taste. i think you should trust yours.

Who would YOU like to see play at this venue? Who do you think would do it without killing your budget? Part of the reward of curating something is knowing that your sense of style and taste struck the right chord.

Ok. I have a fever and should probably get back to bed. I'm looking forward to this show, whatever form it finally takes.

lolusa

I'm sure it's been said, but why is there even more emphasis on New York for this?

Oh and if you get Ralp, Cerror, or Uoki-Toki, then i'll fucking be there in a heartbeat

Last edited by ovenrake (Feb 24, 2010 6:30 am)

ad-hell-aide

It's a shame people are suggesting Raptor-Kharlan - why not Derris-Kharlan, Dot.AY, Maddest Kings Alive or Ctrix, if you're going to ask for people from Australia?

Melbourne, Australia
George wrote:

I'd say Derris-Kharlan over Raptor-Kharlan - unless that's what you meant? Derris-Kharlan's great live, but to date there hasn't been any live Raptor-Kharlan, even here in Melbourne.
It would break my heart if that happened (10K and DK) and I couldn't afford another trip to NYC to see it. Oh, and a hint, if you want Aussies, get Dot.AY on that list too.

Last edited by dosPrompt (Feb 24, 2010 10:04 am)

ad-hell-aide

Would break my heart too, dosPrompt...

------ = -------

Last edited by B3tabot (Jan 8, 2012 9:09 am)