Philly

Got huge!   I mean, Anamanaguchi has a pretty strong fan base, but I FIght Dragons is signed to Atlantic.  Ya know, like P. Diddy, Kid Rock and Circa Survive Atlantic?  Incredible for them, but more importantly how nuts is that?

Last edited by Ro-Bear (Feb 20, 2010 1:45 am)

Central-ish VA

This whole thread appeared on h8bc a while back, loads of RAGE ensued.  I'm personally apathetic towards their music but offer a grand "Best of luck to you!" towards their situation.  Pretty neat to hear about, even though it's not actually Atlantic but a Atlantic vanity/sub-label.

Also a neat article I came across a while back that I feel might be applicable here, hopefully not...  http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

Who cares?

Yeah I could care less. They were pretty gimmicky.

Nashville, Tennessee

good news for the rest of us though. all publicitiy is good publicity

Ontario, Canada
arlen wrote:

Yeah I couldn't care less. They were pretty gimmicky.

people always fuck this up

NSW, Australia
J. Arthur Keenes wrote:
arlen wrote:

Yeah I couldn't care less. They were pretty gimmicky.

people always fuck this up

I agree.

EDIT: and congratulations to them i suppose smile

Last edited by Nue (Feb 20, 2010 4:35 am)

Huddersfield, UK

I listened to their recent "Cool Is Just a Number" EP and I have to say I wasn't too impressed. Their overture and John Mayer cover were pretty good but their EP had too much of a 'generic rock' feel to it. Just not my cup of tea I guess but good luck to them.

Heosphoros wrote:

Who cares?

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

I appreciate the hard work they have put in - fuck, I would sign my life away in an instant to a label if they cared to offer me the chance - but, they are beige at best.

But then again, Nickelback are the most generic band about and they are the ones making $$$ from the poo they make.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

also:

hahahaha.

))<>((
J&HT wrote:

'generic rock'

I listened to one song, and that's exactly what I got, and I'm sure that's why they're signed.

10k wrote:

they are the ones making $$$ from the poo they make.

unfortunately, that's probably why they're in it.

Last edited by tacticalbread (Feb 20, 2010 8:34 am)

NSW, Australia
tacticalbread wrote:

What the fuck? You don't know these people. "They got singed. They sold out man!" Go back to making awesome avatars.

))<>((
Nue wrote:
tacticalbread wrote:

What the fuck? You don't know these people. "They got singed. They sold out man!" Go back to making awesome avatars.

You're right I 'don't know these people', hence why I said 'probably'.

And no need to be insulting. Leave that shit to 8bc.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
Nue wrote:
tacticalbread wrote:

So I take it you dig them Darcy?

Musical taste is subjective, so don't get too riled up about that here. As mentioned above, keep the hate at h8bc.

However, you are right, being signed does not mean selling out.

Los Angeles, CA

Regardless of whether or not one likes I Fight Dragons, you can't deny that they worked to get to where they are. Record contracts do not just fall into peoples laps. They took their band seriously, toured a lot, made some pretty smart decisions, and now they're able to dedicate even more of their time to doing what they love because they have the support of a label. I say congrats to them. I'm not a huge fan of their music but some of the stuff I've heard is alright. At least it's not Crystal Castles wink