It's a backlight switch, you can see it labeled "on and off". Placement doesn't have too much to do with it's function.

Well of course placement isn't much to do with purpose, but isn't having a backlight switch kinda silly since you can't see the screen when you shut it off?

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Frostbyte wrote:

Well of course placement isn't much to do with purpose, but isn't having a backlight switch kinda silly since you can't see the screen when you shut it off?

I dunno, I've always wanted to one like that. tongue

(But thinking about it, I never turn off the backlight on my AGSs, so you win)

Auxcide wrote:

(But thinking about it, I never turn off the backlight on my AGSs, so you win)

BOOM

The cases soaking in chemicals isn't helping very much. Too lazy to spend money on a new clearboy thoughhhh ughhhh

Wait for Kitsch's clearboy?

NSW, Australia

Am I like the only guy here who's DMG isn't backlit....... I'd probably break my gameboy trying to install it sad

NC in the US of America
Frostbyte wrote:

To save battery, and can't you see it in sunlight like the good old days?

Auxcide wrote:

Wait for Kitsch's clearboy?

That is precisely what I am making for him, he just wanted to know who the DMG belonged to when he sent me the pic to look at. wink picked up a clear case for him at BRKfest.

Rochester, NY

can someone make me a clear shell for my PSP

and uh put cool rainbow lights in it I guess

no, I can't pay you

brooklyn
SketchMan3 wrote:
Frostbyte wrote:

no, to install a backlight the reflective layer that is usually behind the screen is removed

Last edited by Kedromelon (Jul 16, 2012 3:13 am)

NC in the US of America
Kedromelon wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

no, to install a backlight the reflective layer that is usually behind the screen is removed

Ah... I see. Thanks.
*kick myself*

Yeah, that doesn't make sense then. Or maybe, if you're a kid, you'd want to be able to switch off the light when your mom checks on you at night so she doesn't know you're still up making chiptunes at 2am.

Seattle, WA US

My buddy Reese (or the artist formerly known as FlashMob) has this exact boy

Tacoma, WA
boaconstructor wrote:

luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... *sigh*

Just though of something that would be awesome but probably wouldn't work.... Has anyone ever tried putting small strobe lights inside a gameboy before? (probably not possible, but would be cool)

540, VA
Vellain wrote:
boaconstructor wrote:

luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... *sigh*

Just though of something that would be awesome but probably wouldn't work.... Has anyone ever tried putting small strobe lights inside a gameboy before? (probably not possible, but would be cool)

trust me i've definately THOUGHT about it haha.  it would look great for live shows but you would have to find some crazy circuit switch to cut on and off led's like that. im sure it can be done though

Nex's mod that made internal casing leds flash to the tempo of the music is close.
(I wish I could see what it'd look like if I played my song Perihelion on it. Seizures?)