Chepachet, Rhode Island
L-tron wrote:

Are you running a newer version or an older one? I used to slow down the DMG with older versions of LSDJ, but I since I started using latest versions, I haven't yet.

Yeah, I wish I could remember which version I was using a while back. I'm fairly certain some older versions have a much more stable noise channel as I remember programming more complicated stuff in it no problem.

NC in the US of America
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

You'll be clumsy at first using the buttons though since you're used to the keyboard. You can be sure of that haha.

I actually use a Gigaware USB Game Controller wink (looking to get an NES-to-USB adapter soon, though, lol)

I used to be really good with a keyboard back in the day. I could even beat Contra with my brother on a single non-gamer keyboard, lock-ups and all @.@  Finally bought my first pc controller and I never looked back.

Other than using newer versions, and changing the writing style, there isn't much you can do besides updating hardware. some gameboys naturally work better than others. an sgb CPU DMG will chug along nicely. hardware is something to consider in the future, and the latest software should be considered now. which version of lsdj are you currently using?

Savannah, Georgia

4.6.1, naturally. seriously gotta get a gameboy color or something, this is driving me insane

Last edited by Aeros (Jul 27, 2012 3:29 am)

I'd recommend either a gameboy color, a gameboy advanced or maybe a pocket. I think pocket CPUs can handle more aswell. All 3 are pretty cheap. Under 25$ just about anywhere. Pockets maybe even as little as 15, and gameboy colors about 15 aswell

Chepachet, Rhode Island

I write everything on a color and then tranfer it to a DMG. There's danger of slowdowns that way but only if you;re doing really crazy stuff at high bpm. Using a color is just more responsive and quick with navigating and button presses...its a smoother ride.

A halfclocked DMG though...is another story. You could take a nap between inputs and screen changes haha.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I feel like the pocket isn't much better. I never considered my stuff that busy. I don't do any of things mentioned in here, but my dmgs and my pockets can't handle some stuff.

Austin, Texas
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

I write everything on a color and then tranfer it to a DMG. There's danger of slowdowns that way but only if you;re doing really crazy stuff at high bpm. Using a color is just more responsive and quick with navigating and button presses...its a smoother ride.

I didn't think I'd fall in love with my colors, but I really have. big_smile

Then again, it's probably because about the only mod you can fit in them is a 3.5mm pro-sound, so mine are all already "done," but I really still want to mod the shit out of all of my DMGs, so they're "not done yet." I don't care to attempt frontlighting my CGBs, either.

I was going to get a couple more colors on craigslist, but they guy selling them hasn't emailed me back yet… hmm

Last edited by Telerophon (Jul 27, 2012 12:50 pm)

Detroit, Michigan

Funny seeing this post, I just ran into this problem yesterday for the first time. My snare kept cutting out so I just simplified the table like others said above. I usually run a DMG & CGB set anyways but my CGB is heavy on the mids and highs tongue