The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Yeah doing reverb/echo/delay effects on the original hardware is much sexier then using a KP or effect generator. I always do this. It just feels. . . right.

Chicago

Hahahahahaha

São Paulo, Brazil
Auxcide wrote:

Yeah doing reverb/echo/delay effects on the original hardware is much sexier then using a KP or effect generator. I always do this. It just feels. . . right.

Why is the other way... wrong?

Sorry, I don't mean wrong. It's just more organic. I still use my KPs for effects on gameboys. I just like in hardware effects. tongue

Madison, Alabama
Auxcide wrote:

This over and over.  Changing 8 patterns on the same measure is like a race against time.

Indiana

I haven't ventured much into LSDJ sync, but I decided to try it out today. I've run into an issue, though. When I'm syncing 2 gameboys in live mode, I've found that the slave gameboy plays significantly quieter than normally to the point that it's difficult to hear. Without messing with the volume pot I play it in Master mode and it plays at normal volume. I feel like I'm doing something obviously wrong; anybody have any suggestions?

So considering the impedance issue mentioned earlier, is this unsafe to use?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSCMP1

I was thinking of getting two of these and summing the L/L and R/R signals of each gameboy, then combining them back into a stereo L/R out. They say it's a combiner, but is zZounds just ignorant to the impedance risks involved with doing something like this?

Matthew Joseph Payne

Haha, they actually said that, wow.

Yeah, although the actual risk of damage is low, it's there. Mostly you'll just have unpredictable results depending on your batteries, how many channels are running on each gameboy, etc etc.

It's possible, by the way, that there's more than just wire inside that cable; but it's unlikely, especially since they're using molded connectors.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
GoingHam wrote:

Got it don't use the Y cable just to be safe.

Necroing this thread for a good reason:

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage. … _Id=404634

Belkin makes a 5-way headphone splitter. You can use an extra male-to-male 3.5mm cable to plug in a second gameboy, iPod, whatever. Some of you probably knew about it, but I thought I'd share.

BK
Russellian wrote:
GoingHam wrote:

Got it don't use the Y cable just to be safe.

Necroing this thread for a good reason:

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage. … _Id=404634

Belkin makes a 5-way headphone splitter. You can use an extra male-to-male 3.5mm cable to plug in a second gameboy, iPod, whatever. Some of you probably knew about it, but I thought I'd share.

I have this- it's good but be aware that the more inputs you give it, the softer the total output is. I tried to use a game boy and iphone app feeding into this and it was barely loud enough to be heard while on a plane.