Brazil

Is this true?

Nobody from the staff is going to give a word?

sigh, sad

How am I now going to be able to see all your beautiful faces at once?

Philly, PA, USA

It's in the email that was sent out, if you haven't gotten it yet, or aren't subscribed I don't really know what to tell you. But Bit Shifter has essentially confirmed on twitter, Jenn DLV has pretty much confirmed.

They're going with a firm "not necessarily forever"

But who knows when that is?

Also why would we lie about this?

rochester, ny

i want to thank everyone involved in setting up every one of the blip festivals. the two i was lucky enough to attend rank among the best shows i've ever been to. even setting up small shows can be an insane amount of work and the fact that they were able to set up so many, so well, featuring such an incredible variety of amazing artists is as inspirational as it is humbling.

GOOD LUCK WITH WHAT COMES NEXT!

Tucson, AZ

Confirmed.

Tacoma, WA

.... I never got a chance to experience the beauty that is Blipfest... what a downer...

Brazil

Wow, that sucks sad
Pretty sad, it was the perfect excuse to go to NY and see some friends. sad

Russian Fedration. Moscow City

Oh, I don't think that some of "other fests" will be able to replace blip fest

San Francisco

DAMN NOW I HAVE TO FIGURE OUT A WHOLE NEW SET OF DICKS TO SUCK

Tucson, AZ

^ favorite reaction across all media so far.

Unsubscribe

Good thing too, I was running out of adjectives.

Tucson, AZ

I was looking forward to you seeing you make up some new ones, Peter.

Brooklyn NY US

Hey all -- just weighing in to confirm the news. The original text that pixls posted is from a Blip Festival / 8bitpeoples e-mail bulletin that went out today, so it is in fact "from the horse's mouth" ("IT'S OFFICIAL!!"). Obviously this wasn't an easy decision to make, as an event series the Blip Festival is something that has always meant a lot to us, and was always a blast when each event finally came together & the first notes sounded. Each one of these was the product of a lot of effort, time, and work (not just on our parts, but on the parts of co-organizers in the overseas editions too), and after a pretty solid six-year run, we just felt we needed to give ourselves a chance to clear our heads and catch our breath.

So we really hope all involved can understand our reasoning. And above all, thank you to everyone who's ever attended one of these things, performed, volunteered, spread the word, co-organized, supported -- it's been pretty wonderful to have gone in with the aim of just throwing a big, fun show, making it all up as we went, and to have come out six years later realizing that apparently there were a whole lot of people having just as much fun as we were. That's a pretty awesome feeling. And with the explosion of chipmusic artists, labels, releases, communities, one-off events, regular events, and festivals that everyone's been seeing over the last few years, obviously everything for chipmusic remains as it was: on the rise.

OK I gotta get back to my job -- thanks dudes & chicks, ants & ducks.

Brunswick, GA USA
balloonbear wrote:

Oh, I don't think that some of "other fests" will be able to replace blip fest

You're not supposed to replace it, you're supposed to make something new. Also +1 what starpause said.

sonic boy dreamed of playing blip 2013, he dreamed of having a live from blip 2013 album but nope screw him

thumbs up if you wont stand for it

share for sonic boy 2013

› Show Spoiler

Russian Fedration. Moscow City

Well, after what Bit Shifter wrote I hope that I will survive for the day when I could meet blip in europe again. If this is a brk I will hope you will be back soon heart