Venezuela

coño sad(((

hilarious

Westfield, NJ

Despite this news, there's a lot of cool stuff going on in the chip community and judging from the events of the past 6 months, things are definitely "on the rise." This has actually inspired me to put more effort into hosting and promoting events in the northeast US myself. Who knows, maybe there will be a few chip festivals in New York down the line. Nothing will be as awesome as Blip but there's still a chance that Blip will come back some day smile

Last edited by Decktonic (Jul 31, 2012 8:45 pm)

FUCK YOU

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WIMPS PULL THE PLUG ON COLON PIPE KREW

Marseille

http://www.superbytefestival.co.uk/

Philly, PA, USA
OVERTHRUSTER wrote:

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WIMPS PULL THE PLUG ON COLON PIPE KREW

Russian Fedration. Moscow City

It's all good but what about europe?

Lexington, KY
chunter wrote:
balloonbear wrote:

Oh, I don't think that some of "other fests" will be able to replace blip fest

You're not supposed to replace it, you're supposed to make something new. Also +1 what starpause said.

This guy gets it!

uhajdafdfdfa
balloonbear wrote:

it's in europe

Madison, Alabama

Full disclosure: I never had the means to travel to NY to attend a Blip. 

It seems like the biggest (short-term?) loss here is that it will take time before another organization is in-place with the ability to pull in foreign artists, right?  I assume Blip was able to arrange airfare and/or monetary aid for foreign headliners.  Might be less opportunity for that for a few years.

Anyway, I guess I'll see more of you guys in Lexington in 2013?

Russian Fedration. Moscow City
ant1 wrote:
balloonbear wrote:

it's in europe

island neutral

Joliette, QC, Canada

Really sad news...because I didn't have the chance to come to one goddamn Blip...well this is life so the only thing I can say is (beside one of my dreams is dead XD)thanks to everyone behind these awesome events and I hope you will finally have the time to release a LOT of fucking great music ! wink
No more TCTD, no more Blips...what's next ?!
Oh I forgot...congrats to my friend Aliceffekt for getting his way to play the last Blip EVER !!!

Utrecht, The Netherlands

Deep respect for everyone involved with Blip Festival in all the years, and maybe even more for those who had to make this though decision. From our perspective Blip Festival had a lot of impact and is an important "centre" of the whole international scene and everything around it. It was always a great inspiration for EINDBAAS, although our crew only visited last 2 NYC editions (after EINDBAAS started). We can only dream of pulling off something even remotely close to what Blip Festival gave us. As said: there is no replacing, only new things emerging from now on. ♥

Marseille

Europe?
Like Europe Europe?

Last edited by dubmood (Jul 31, 2012 9:21 pm)

Damn. Never had the chance to attend. Sad news, but cheers and congrats to everyone involved in making Blip Fest the amazing event it was. Hopefully someone will be inspired to carry the torch. Chiptune is definitely on the rise in terms of both the amount of fans and the excellence of the performers. It needs to continue to be showcased.

Harrisonburg, Virginia

Man, last year's Blip was my first intro to live performances in the chip scene and also to the artists in the scene. Hopefully this comes back at some point. hmm

roboctopus wrote:

Anyway, I guess I'll see more of you guys in Lexington in 2013?

Most definitely. I'm gonna try and be there every year. ;D