Tokyo, Japan

Was looking forward to this years Blip Tokyo already. But now... Epicness awaits. Bring it on.

お疲れ様、ブリップ!

São Paulo, Brazil

I'm so glad I could make this year (almost went last year). Had a chance to check the city, the scene, perform to the craziest audience ever and make some new friends.

But I really don't understand all these "what will be the next Blip" arguments.

Westfield, NJ
Saskrotch wrote:

lol superpowerless

stoked to see HarleyLikesMusic on that bill.

Unfortunately getting overseas for anything is tough for me... won't be able to go to this or Blip Tokyo 2k12. Definitely making plans to attend BRKfest 2013.

On another note, remember people: Blip is not dead, it's just on hiatus. In the meantime there's other cool stuff. Nothing needs to try to "be" Blip. Just put on great shows and have fun.

Melbourne, Australia

Co-organising Blip Aus last year with the 8bit peoples crew as well as having amazing local support from the likes of Syntax party crew and GBA was a seriously inspiring experience.

In Australia, at least, the show will go on albeit under a different banner.
We'll be making a full announcement in the coming weeks.

If you're planning to come to Australia for a summer holiday in 2013 I hear the weather is particularly lovely during February in Melbourne wink

I have no doubt Blip Festival will be back sooner or later. Have a nice break Josh, Jeremiah and Mike. You all very much deserve it. Take a moment to step back and reflect on everything that you've achieved to date, take mental stock and come back stronger than ever.

I echo all the positive sentiment in this thread.
Well done guys. I'm really looking forward to what is to come.

Melbourne, Australia

Coming off what Eugene's said, I hope Josh, Jeremiah and Mike enjoy some well deserved time off. I can completely understand why a break would be needed. Putting on festivals and shows is hard work - all the travelling to make them happen would be even harder. Looking forward to buying you all a beer, hopefully not for the last time, in Tokyo

Last edited by dosPrompt (Jul 31, 2012 11:14 pm)

Chicago IL

i blame the gramercy theatre

I blame chick fil a

Gosford, Australia

blip aus was great, really appreciate the sheer effort put in by all parties to make it happen. that it's apparently still happening under a different name is music to my ears.

BRKfest looked pretty banging and was right in the middle of my semester break... Might be time to start planning my first visit to the states?

BOSTON
Saskrotch wrote:

actually.... i really wouldnt be surprised if this was the reason

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Jul 31, 2012 11:30 pm)

Seattle, WA US

welp goodbye ambitions

Seattle, WA US

lets all get together and cry about it.. we can call it Blubberfest

Tacoma WA

Bummer.

Glad to have made it to blip 08 and met many of you crazy wonderful bastards.

South Dakota

Well shit...

Chicago IL, USA

I just watched Reformat the Planet earlier and came on to this news. I will be depressed forever, and when I die the eulogy will be "he only regretted one thing in life, not going to blipfest"

The Bronx
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

actually.... i really wouldnt be surprised if this was the reason

That's not the reason. Blip made it through four Winters, two blizzards and a jellyfish invasion in Aalborg, Denmark before the Gramercy Theatre. <):'p

New York
boaconstructor wrote:

lets all get together and cry about it.. we can call it Blubberfest

Last edited by Parallelis (Aug 1, 2012 1:11 am)