Abandoned on Fire
Lazare wrote:

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything

but was this even that big of a deal in the world of electronic music?

I've heard about this festival a couple of times over the years, but the line-ups I saw, never really blew my mind or anything.

I mean Sabrepulse played and that was probably the only artist I would even want to see.

I looked up some artists from this years, and to be honest I wasn't that impressed.

LOL, posting in a scene specific forum about how their biggest event is unimpressive.  Nice job.  big_smile

BOSTON
Lazare wrote:

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything

but was this even that big of a deal in the world of electronic music?

I've heard about this festival a couple of times over the years, but the line-ups I saw, never really blew my mind or anything.

I mean Sabrepulse played and that was probably the only artist I would even want to see.

I looked up some artists from this years, and to be honest I wasn't that impressed.

yeah, they never even had skrillex! wtf

Canada

Last edited by Lazare (Aug 1, 2012 6:25 am)

California
Lazare wrote:

I just don't get the whole sounding like everybody else thing everyone seemed to be going for, a lot of the timbres are the same as far as the whole scape of the fest went from what I heard, especially during the percussion segments.

It's not about the sounds themselves, it's about the writing styles.

Last edited by VCMG (Aug 1, 2012 5:27 am)

Italy

Standin' in front of the pc watching blip in streaming lol
sad

Philly, PA, USA

fucking lol.

RIP chiptune

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Struggling with the stream on my phone. . . Good times. . .

Abandoned on Fire
Lazare wrote:

I just don't get the whole sounding like everybody else thing everyone seemed to be going for, a lot of the timbres are the same as far as the whole scape of the fest went from what I heard, especially during the percussion segments.

There's nothing to "get".  You enjoy chip sounds or you don't.

Last edited by egr (Aug 1, 2012 6:59 am)

Canada

Melbourne, Australia

Seriously who is this Lazare guy anyway...?

Anyway, my favourite moment was probably being forced to crowd surf twice during 10k's set at Blip '11. Good times.

Last edited by Derris-Kharlan (Aug 1, 2012 5:44 am)

Boulder, CO
Lazare wrote:

I enjoy chip sounds,

but there is more than one sound chip in the universe.

And there are people out there that combined make music with just about every (if not every) soundchip. Seek it out for yourself if you don't want suggestions. Or if you're willing to take one, do yourself a favor and just listen to littlescale.

Boulder, CO
Derris-Kharlan wrote:

Seriously who is this Lazare guy anyway...?

Anyway, my favourite moment was probably being forced to crowd surf twice during 10k's set at Blip '11. Good times.

Speaking of 10k, one of my favorite moments was the awesome hardcore style singalong pile-on that I managed to be on the top of. Fucking great times.

Canada

California

So what artists would you "blow out" for then?

Canada

Last edited by Lazare (Aug 1, 2012 6:26 am)

Philly, PA, USA

Ok don't bring your bullshit into this thread. for real.
We're trying to have a nice fucking moment and you've gotta come in with your pony bullshit. Come on lets stick to fucking blip memories

Like when stagediver literally had no melodies and ripped dicks with sound

Last edited by pixls (Aug 1, 2012 6:09 am)