Boulder, CO
Lazare wrote:
VCMG wrote:

So what artists would you "blow out" for then?

Out of the artists I've heard from digging around this site,

Je Mappelle (The J-Pop album he has posted is pretty stellar)

I've already mentioned Saskrotch, his newer stuff is even more impressive to me than the older.

Sabrepulse (DUH!)

Starpilot seems to be pretty rad from what I've heard on the release page.

Minusbaby has some pretty original sounds going for him

J. Arthur Keene also seems to appeal to me

Please take this to your other thread. These don't look like memories.

Anyway, back on track with another top memory: After the Condom after-party in 2009, Trash Can Man said "That was the only condom I've ever enjoyed."

Best quote ever.

rochester, ny
Lazare wrote:
VCMG wrote:

So what artists would you "blow out" for then?

I've already mentioned Saskrotch, his newer stuff is even more impressive to me than the older.

Sabrepulse (DUH!)

most of those people played at blip festivals.

WHY AM I RESPONDING TO A TROLL?

rochester, ny

back on topic -

noisewaves / party time hexcellent set at '11
starscream set at '11

Melbourne, Australia

Lazare : If you submit another off topic post in this thread you'll get a ban from me. Fair warning? Stop pissing on everyones parade. If you don't like it, fuck off.

Back on topic.

My favourite would have to be seeing all the guys up in the second level of Koenji High (Blip Tokyo) start moving and shaking when Omodaka started his set. They just couldn't help it! (You know who you are!)

Canada
nickmaynard wrote:
Lazare wrote:

Sabrepulse (DUH!)

most of those people played at blip festivals.

WHY AM I RESPONDING TO A TROLL?

please discuss this in the other thread I have set up I'm editing my posts out of this thread.

but to answer this, I was speaking of the current festival.

BOSTON

i think my not jerk favorite blip moments were (and not to be too much of a little girl buuut) the stage rush for knife city at blip 10, OMODAKA (goddamn), radlib (goddamn!), kris keyser (yaaaaay), nullsleep at blip 09 doing supernova kiss, albino ghost monkey at blip 09 (RIP), and mr. freaking spastic at blip 08 for those jazzy jazzy jams that i obsessed over for months afterwards.

and BLIP BURGERS MAN. BLIP. BURGERS. Bell House was the best location IMHO

Lazare needs to gtfo this forum.

BOSTON

i think there would be more from 2012, but i was preoccupied with hating the sound guy for the first two days :c

Boulder, CO
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

and BLIP BURGERS MAN. BLIP. BURGERS. Bell House was the best location IMHO

Agree whole heartedly. The Blip Burgers and the whole space at the Bell House was great. And trudging through the snow in the street because the sidewalks weren't plowed. There was something really magical about winter Blip Fest, especially in the snow.

From what it seems to me, blip was just a gajillion friends escaping the world for a few days to listen to everyone's music, be around people like them, dance, do crazy stupid things that you won't regret, make bad jokes, and just have a good time.

Not a memory, but something I someday hope to experience

BOSTON

that whole beer room at bell house is just great too. good selection and good prices. didnt they have, like, plush-ass leather armchairs and shit too? swagggg

blip in winter was great because everybody stayed inside

i think the only thing from eyebeam that was really notable was moot showing up hahaha. oh, and drunken gnarly-faced cougars on the prowl at 3am. *shudders*. meeting chipzel for the first time by her jumping on my back and spilling her beer over everybody was pretty sweet too XD Niamh fucking rules

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Aug 1, 2012 6:44 am)

Abandoned on Fire
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

i think there would be more from 2012, but i was preoccupied with hating the sound guy for the first two days :c

Oh yeah!

#3  Wizwars asking "politely" for the sound to be turned up and then rocking the fuck out

#4  MOSHPITS (although I acted like a frail old man and didn't get in any of them)

Tokyo, Japan

For me it will be the lead up to the first blip Tokyo two years ago. Granted, playing the actual event last year was totally awesome, but the first year: I played a warm up event with Trash 80 and Starpause at a fairly low-key live house. Regardless, Trash 80 destroyed it! Kristy and Eugene also decided to stay and watch and it was pretty much one of my first ever gigs. Seeing Eugene dance like a nutter to my tunes was really cool, but getting us all from there to the official preparty on the other side of town whilst completely inebriated was pretty satisfying. Following that, once we arrived, I started a ruckus by grabbing the mic from the performance area and started a cheer of 'Hizmi, Hizmi, Hizmi,' who was wrecking the place!  Good night that was.

Tokyo, Japan

Oh, and stage diving was pretty fucking epic too

BOSTON
egr wrote:

#4  MOSHPITS (although I acted like a frail old man and didn't get in any of them)

oh man... ok this is no joke. like, moshing at blip 12 seriously changed my life. im not even kidding.

i had surgery like 2 years and took a LONG time to recover, i still had problems with my ribs, constant weird lower torso pain stuff and IDK. doctors told me everything was fine, so I assumed that it was just always going to be like that and stopped bothering with it. UNTIL BLIP 12 where i got destroyed in the pit. I was holding some crowdsurfing fool up when another drunken fool smashes into me and i feel a loud POP. I thought i broke another rib or something and was a bit freaked. couldn't lift up my arm and shit hurt for a while, but when it got better... i was totally freaking fixed! i seriously hadn't felt that good in years and havent had a single problem since.

western medicine < blip festival

lolusa

hally was about to select his last song, but no carrier grabbed by the shoulder and told me to start shouting "Surfin' USA"
So I did, because it was open bar, and I would jump off a cliff if no carrier told me to.
Hally played his cover, everyone lost their shit, and i lost my shit.
Also, Condom played right after that.