KC

does anyone have some pointers on creating a warm pad sound in the pulse channels?

I've been playing with the sweep command but thats not really doing it

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Aug 4, 2012 6:29 pm)

Can you provide an example?

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Sorry, most warm pad sounds I'm thinking of in modern music are too complex to create on a pulse channel. With 2 channels you could use E commands to fade one in and the other out while slightly detuning them with some slight vibrato (V command) with your vibration type set to sine in the instrument screen. Play with volumes and the attack. The best waveform to use would be 50% and the other channel at 25%. I assume you don't want like arpeggio runs so in the table make some slight changes with W commands and only transpose in octaves.

Make sure to keep the volume lower for a more subdued tonal feeling.

If you have an example of one I might be able to help more later.

KC

searching for a sound file now, but something like a slow string sound or the atmospheric synth sounds on keyboards

and I understand that it wont quite sound like any modern synth, but the 8 bit equivalent is what Im looking for

or what about the wave channel?

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Aug 4, 2012 6:50 pm)

KC

a sound similar to the one at the beggining of sadpandas song of course its dark

EDIT: and I had planned on using both pulse channels anyway so I could make a chord of somewhat

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Aug 4, 2012 7:00 pm)

England

try making a chord with the 2 pulse channels

then make a table that uses the volume channel to fade in and out.

it makes a clicking sound but its quite nice.

the game boy bit on this has lots of use of it, with lots of arps as well.

http://chipmusic.org/jellica/music/les- … -reef-live

Last edited by Jellica (Aug 4, 2012 9:09 pm)

IL, US

assuming you mean in lsdj, moving to the correct section

Chicago IL, USA

I use Plogue Chipsounds, so I can't say how to create an LSDJ equivalent. On my song I layered a SID chip and AY-3-8910 for the pad, so I'm gonna assume it will be very hard if not impossible to get the same sound in LSDJ. Sorry I can't help really.

Everything I said before would apply but that pad sound is impossible to replicate in lsdj. The ideas I gave you could make an interesting sounding chord lead but not a pad by typical characteristics of a warm pad.

You could sample a pad. It's what I'd do. For reference you could see how well sampling a piano turned out in my song Ellipse (on my soundcloud). It's a little work though.

The Bronx

You can plug your DMG into echo and reverb pedals.

minusbaby wrote:

If you had a phaser and a breakdown section, that'd turn out good. Just light phaser though. Or flanger. Or chorus pedal. Any would help bring out that type of effect.

The Bronx
Auxcide wrote:
minusbaby wrote:

If you had a phaser and a breakdown section, that'd turn out good. Just light phaser though. Or flanger. Or chorus pedal. Any would help bring out that type of effect.

Or this:

KC

well I don't have hardly any of my guitar pedals that I used to anymore but I do have the mini KP and KP3

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Aug 5, 2012 3:07 am)

The Bronx
Grymmtymm wrote:

well I don't hardly any of my guitar pedals that I used to anymore but I do have the mini KP and KP3

That'll work <):') Just experiment until you like what you hear. Hybrid set-ups are awesome.

Haha I was going to say or if you have a kp/mini kp. tongue

Last edited by Auxcide (Aug 5, 2012 3:21 am)

buffalo, NY

Lol E19. Use a 0-4-5 chord. 

Fade out w E87

YEAAAAAH