BOSTON
Saskrotch wrote:

waka flocka's a fuckin idiot

hah, maybe i should have read the rest of the threat before quoting...

but yeah waka flocka is a fucking idiot. i mean, say what you want about asap and the pvrple thing, but at least its not waka. dude acts like hes got extra chromosomes

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Aug 15, 2012 2:58 pm)

Westfield, NJ

Wait so these fast high hats... I thought it was just 1/32 continuously... are they using triplets? 1/32 with triplets?

babylon
Decktonic wrote:

Wait so these fast high hats... I thought it was just 1/32 continuously... are they using triplets? 1/32 with triplets?

me too! can someone clarify?

Brooklon

Just play with Rxx command. It's just a hi-hat roll.

I'm fucking already tired of trap, not gonna lie. It's like they are taking everything Cash Money Records made in the 90s and early 00s, slowing it down by like 20 bpm, removing any character at all and releasing it. /rant

Last edited by Note! (Aug 15, 2012 6:14 pm)

is wocka flocka from fozzy bear

Westfield, NJ
an0va wrote:

is wocka flocka from fozzy bear

here let me google that for you

oh look a wikipedia entry

wikipedia wrote:

The name "Waka" was given to him by his cousin, after the Muppets character Fozzie Bear's catch phrase, "Waka Waka". The name "Flocka Flame" was given to him by rapper Gucci Mane.

happy 2 be of service

Brunswick, GA USA

The example I heard sounded like it was retriggered rim or snare but the spirit is the same. To me it sounds like Master P with a circuit bent 808 and fewer samples.

Sadly, the song I found had nothing to do with transvestism.

Last edited by chunter (Aug 15, 2012 6:39 pm)

Westfield, NJ

I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question sad

Brooklon
Decktonic wrote:

It's not usually 1/32. Too fast. Well, sometimes. I would say it varies wildly but often they use triplets.

And chunter nailed it - it's all just Master P... but without any instrumentation - and everyone's flow is exactly the same - and if you don't mention purple drink, I mean drank, you aren't trap.

Last edited by Note! (Aug 15, 2012 6:49 pm)

Montclair, NJ

Flocka foeva

Westfield, NJ
Note! wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

It's not usually 1/32. Too fast. Well, sometimes. I would say it varies wildly but often they use triplets.

okay so maybe 1/16 with triplets

and if I made anything it would probably be more trapstep than just straight up trap, that stuff is a dime a dozen.

Westfield, NJ

so I was reading about trap and juke and I discovered scuff:

http://dubbait.co.uk/2012/03/15/the-birth-of-scuff/

pretty cool. I'm enjoying learning about all this stuff, been listening to instrumental hip-hop and dream hop for a while, it's cool to see where the production styles are going.

Brooklon

Decktonic, here's an example - tons a different rolls. Triplets, 16, 32, wuteva. Rxx erverywurrr.

Chicago IL
Note! wrote:

if you don't mention purple drink, I mean drank, you aren't trap.

nah, you aren't trap if you aren't talking about selling drugs. the trap is the place where people go to pick up drugs. it's atlanta slang.

Westfield, NJ
Saskrotch wrote:
Note! wrote:

if you don't mention purple drink, I mean drank, you aren't trap.

nah, you aren't trap if you aren't talking about selling drugs. the trap is the place where people go to pick up drugs. it's atlanta slang.

yep urban dictionary confirms this, it's true.

Brooklon

Oh I was totally kidding but that is a good piece of trivia.