Godzilladelph
Saskrotch wrote:
Note! wrote:

if you don't mention purple drink, I mean drank, you aren't trap.

nah, you aren't trap if you aren't talking about selling drugs. the trap is the place where people go to pick up drugs. it's atlanta slang.

You should all know this bullshit by now.
Btw, trap is not a fucking genre, these hat rolls you're talking about have been around forever now

Chainsaw Police wrote:
Telerophon wrote:

I always have heard that TR-909 hihats were the the most common sound in Trap. Maybe this will help.

808s, actually

808 hats sound like fucking shit.

Durahan wrote:

R 01

R 03

noise hihats

also

waka flocka is fucking genius

his lyrics and style are retarded

but he sells hundreds of thousands of records

this has to be a fucking troll.

lastly:
RRRRRAAAAAAAAGE

thanks to everybody who gave legit advice and didn't get wrapped up on the whole "trap" nonsense.
finally got the hang of the R command and have some nice and fast hi-hats going on!

kansas city
joythief wrote:

thanks to everybody who gave legit advice and didn't get wrapped up on the whole "trap" nonsense.
finally got the hang of the R command and have some nice and fast hi-hats going on!

Back when OJ JUICEMAN was a regular contributor to the brick squad mafia, and DJ HOLIDAY was on his game, he used to have this signature high hat roll that slowed... It started off really fast (R01), but slowed seperate from the global tempo. I understand that a lot of the 808 hats were emulated in various DAW's, so it wuld be pretty easy to isolate the tempo to a track and just roll with it on a trigger command. But Ive been trying to figure out a good lsdj groove shift to emulate that for a while.

Last edited by DUNGEONMASTER (Aug 15, 2012 10:27 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa
DUNGEONMASTER wrote:

Ive been trying to figure out a good lsdj groove shift to emulate that for a while.

well groove doesn't affect the speed of the retrigger command at all, so good luck sad

kansas city
ant1 wrote:
DUNGEONMASTER wrote:

Ive been trying to figure out a good lsdj groove shift to emulate that for a while.

well groove doesn't affect the speed of the retrigger command at all, so good luck sad

i know. and txx commands are always global.
the closest i can get is to spell out the hats manually in a table and shift the groove around

Melbourne, Australia
Decktonic wrote:

so I was reading about trap and juke and I discovered scuff:

http://dubbait.co.uk/2012/03/15/the-birth-of-scuff/

pretty cool. I'm enjoying learning about all this stuff, been listening to instrumental hip-hop and dream hop for a while, it's cool to see where the production styles are going.

I think you'd like the show that dot.AY and I do each week. Maybe start with the trap or juke episode if that's what you're interested in at the moment.

http://notevenlive.tumblr.com/

Godzilladelph
DUNGEONMASTER wrote:
joythief wrote:

Back when OJ JUICEMAN was a regular contributor to the brick squad mafia, and DJ HOLIDAY was on his game, he used to have this signature high hat roll that slowed... It started off really fast (R01), but slowed seperate from the global tempo. I understand that a lot of the 808 hats were emulated in various DAW's, so it wuld be pretty easy to isolate the tempo to a track and just roll with it on a trigger command. But Ive been trying to figure out a good lsdj groove shift to emulate that for a while.

D command, homie

kansas city
SKGB wrote:
DUNGEONMASTER wrote:

D command, homie

dang. i dont know why i always forget that one. trying it now!

shanghai

basically the real trap shit sounds like UZ. Nonoe of these stupid 'pussy licking' vocals. just dope played very loud
http://soundcloud.com/ball-trap-music/s … ad-decent/

Brooklon
DUNGEONMASTER wrote:

It started off really fast (R01), but slowed seperate from the global tempo. I understand that a lot of the 808 hats were emulated in various DAW's, so it wuld be pretty easy to isolate the tempo to a track and just roll with it on a trigger command.

Is just changing the Rxx command values in sequence not slowing the roll down smoothly enough for you? Dxx will only delay your roll, so you won't get the slow down. But I guess by combining a stupid number of Dxx and Rxx with value changes, you could get a totally smooth roll slow-down.

For fun, try rolling KIT hats and changing the PITCH in instrument.

SKGB wrote:

Btw, trap is not a fucking genre, these hat rolls you're talking about have been around forever now

Dirty south hats anyone? I'm glad at least someone else here has heard of Juvenile.

Brooklon
Downstate wrote:

basically the real trap shit sounds like UZ. Nonoe of these stupid 'pussy licking' vocals. just dope played very loud

Also, apparently all Diplo's side projects sound exactly the same now.

Melbourne, Australia
Note! wrote:
Downstate wrote:

Also, apparently all Diplo's side projects sound exactly the same now.

They always sounded the same wink

Tulsa, OK

Trap is bass line in the kicks, and crazy timing on the tail ends of phrases. End of story.

Melbourne, Australia
Jake Allison wrote:

Trap is bass line in the kicks, and crazy timing on the tail ends of phrases. End of story.

Nope, sorry. But for $1 you can try again if you like?

Tulsa, OK
celsius wrote:
Jake Allison wrote:

Nope, sorry. But for $1 you can try again if you like?

It's okay. I am satisfied with my efforts.

Melbtown, Lolstralia

actually curious to hear anybodies attempts at #Tarp made in LSDJ... also first person to make a "Damn Son" LSDJ Trap Kit loses the game.

#tarpmusic
#runthetarp