Brunswick, GA USA

In the half song I listened to it sounded like an 808 sample (both snare and hat alternately) that was copy/pasted (did 808 have a "roll" key? I don't think so but only saw one in person once)  so that there is no space between the retriggers. This means that the sound you repeat must have a very heavy attack (or the new triggers won't be audible and you'll hear it as "shhhhhh".)

Melbourne, Australia
Dot.AY wrote:

...first person to make a "Damn Son" LSDJ Trap Kit loses the game.

Seattle, WA US

None of you guys know what trap music is hahahaha

Seattle, WA US
Downstate wrote:

basically the real trap shit sounds like UZ. Nonoe of these stupid 'pussy licking' vocals. just dope played very loud
http://soundcloud.com/ball-trap-music/s … ad-decent/

I may have been wrong.. ^^^^^^ UZ is trap.. Baauer is trap.. Flosstradomis is trap.. R.L. Grime is trap.

Trap is a new movement of teh dance musics which is centered around the 808 style kick and fast hi-hats, paced around 140 or 87 bpm as to be playable with other bassmusic

Flocka is just a stupid Dirty South style rapper.. if he's a rapper, he's not a a trap artist. The beat he's spitting on is essentially trap yes.

Does nobody remember Lil Boosie??????

Melbourne, Australia
boaconstructor wrote:

YEAH!

Look at you idiots! You don't know about a bullshit internet term that was born overnight and died almost as quickly, for a production aesthetic that has existed for decades! You should probably all kill yourselves.

Melbtown, Lolstralia
boaconstructor wrote:

Tulsa, OK
boaconstructor wrote:

Baauer is trap.. Flosstradomis is trap.. R.L. Grime is trap.

sounds a lot like the Mad Decent line up.

my simple explanation stands

Jake Allison wrote:

Trap is bass line in the kicks, and crazy timing on the tail ends of phrases. End of story.

SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA
celsius wrote:

I think you'd like the show that dot.AY and I do each week. Maybe start with the trap or juke episode if that's what you're interested in at the moment.

http://notevenlive.tumblr.com/

Didn't know about this. Awesome!

Brunswick, GA USA

babylon

this thread pretty much ended up like i thought it would.

big ups the people talking about retriggers and triplets. i learned something today.

SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA

WHEN ARE THEY GONNA MAKE A BRONY TRAP ALBUM

Savannah, Georgia
HANDGUN FANTASY wrote:

WHEN ARE THEY GONNA MAKE A BRONY TRAP ALBUM

okay that's a double entendre i'd rather not think about

Seattle, WA US
Dot.AY wrote:

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS PICTURE OF ME

Seattle, WA US
celsius wrote:
boaconstructor wrote:

YEAH!

Look at you idiots! You don't know about a bullshit internet term that was born overnight and died almost as quickly, for a production aesthetic that has existed for decades! You should probably all kill yourselves.

IF YOU DON'T KEEP UP WITH THE TERMINOLOGY OF COOL KIDS YOU RENDER YOURSELF COOLLESS

uhajdafdfdfa

i don't know if we are going to see any more discussion about how to achieve that hi hat sound within lsdj in this thread

maybe it could be closed (partly just saying this because i hate trap music, but also it got pretty dumb)

shanghai

turn off quantise in lsdj, use your arduino mpc to make the hats with a fast finger.done. rap about licking clits. pitch it down.snares rolls and badabing.trap is done