NY, US

For full details on Kickstarter click here

THE MISSION
To take exceptional photographs of Blip Festival Tokyo 2012: every musician, every visualist, for every live performance in and around Blip Festival Tokyo at Koenji High, October 16-26, 2012. This includes portraits of every artist at the Festival and Tokyo chip music shows. The photos will be dynamic, exciting, and brilliantly composed live shots of musicians, visual artists, and chip music fans.

CAN WE DO IT?
Yes! Marjorie has already attended and documented all six New York City Blip Festivals, snapping photographs of every musician (her shots of the New York City Blip Festivals 2006-2011 were recently published in a 184-page photo book). A freelance photographer, she is no stranger to the 16+ hour days shooting schedules and long nights of editing. After each night's show is over, she will edit the night's sets down to the best and post them on her site chiptography.com before gearing up for the next night's show.

WHAT WE'RE ASKING FOR
The absolute bare minimum needed to document Blip Festival Tokyo 2012 in photographs. This includes airfare to Tokyo, Japan, lens and equipment rentals, and hostel accommodations. As in past festivals, Marjorie photographs the entire Festival for no pay and charges nothing to the artists and organizers for use of her pictures. The photographs are donated to the chip music community for use as official press photos.

BACKING INCENTIVES - WHAT DO YOU GET?
Here is a description of the backer rewards. Please take a look at the pledge amounts on the sidebar as they are mixed and matched at different levels.

Backers-only Blog:
All contributors will receive exclusive access to the backer’s-only blog. The blog will feature behind the scene photos and video from the festival, including candid and audience shots, and will document the journey to Tokyo and back.

Postcards:
Two unique postcards using images from Blip Festival 2007 and 2008. At the $8 level you’ll receive one of these with a personal thank you from Marjorie written on the back. At the $30 and $100 levels you’ll receive both cards, unsigned, so you can frame them or send them to a friend.

Archival 8x10 Prints:
At the $15, $30 and $100 levels you’ll have your pick of one 8x10 archival print from the selections below.

I/O Chip Music Compilation vol. 1:
At the $30 and $100 levels you will also receive a digital download of I/O Chip Music Compilation vol. 1, which features 19 tracks from chip musicians who have played I/O from 2009-2011. Check out some of the tracks on Bandcamp.

Set of 9 Magnets:
At the $50 and $100 levels you will receive a custom-made set of 9 magnets featuring spontaneous Instagram photos Chiptography has taken at chip music shows in the past year. These are specially made for this kickstarter and will not be sold at any shows or at any other time in the future.

Blip Festival | New York City | Five Years eBook edition:
At the $50 level or more you will be the first to receive Chiptography’s photo book, Blip Festival | New York City | Five Years eBook edition before it’s world-wide release in 2014! The eBook will be available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices as well as Android devices as well as Nook and Kindle tablets.

Personalized hard cover edition of Blip Festival | New York City | Five Years:
A a-one-of-a-kind edition of Chiptography’s book with a full page dedicated to you. The page will read, “This book belongs to (your name here)” and feature your photograph (can provide your own photograph or use an existing Chiptography snapshot.)

Personal Portrait Session:
“At every Blip I take each artist aside to create a portrait. These portraits are composed on the fly and usually in very short periods of time between sets. Each year we come away with some amazing images that I believe will stand the test of time and add to the photographs made during the festival as a whole. At the $500 level, I will make a portrait of you in the same style as the Blip Festival portraits (at either Blip Tokyo or in New York City).”- Chiptography

My Camera:
“At the $1,000 level you will receive the camera I have been using for the past 5 years, a Nikon D200, to document the chip music community as a collector’s item. This is the camera that was used to photograph Blip Festivals 2006-2012 as well as Pulsewave, 8static, I/O Chip Music, and many other chip music shows in New York and Philadelphia.” The camera is in working condition and will come with a 18-70mm Nikkor lens and battery." - Chiptography

Last edited by EMdash (Aug 15, 2012 1:43 pm)

Detroit, Michigan

I will back this later, hope you can achieve the goal smile

matt's mind

yeah.  will be backing this.  its so worth it.

if anyone hasn't seen the book yet.....it'd be worth shelling out the extra for it.  incredible!

Lexington, KY

Boom. There's 50.

I assume this is paid in pokedollars?

New Orleans, Louisiana

Totally backing this. Like kitsch said it's totally worth the extra money.

kitsch wrote:

yeah.  will be backing this.  its so worth it.

if anyone hasn't seen the book yet.....it'd be worth shelling out the extra for it.  incredible!

Totally agree.

Lexington, KY

Bump!!!
Only ten days left and over halfway there!

BK

SUPPORT THIS.

Sacrificing my monthly metrocard for a weekly instead because Marj's a phenomenal photographer.

Holland

I'm going to start a kickstarter because I need xyce to spread some chiptune love on Blip.

Tokyo, Japan
xylo wrote:

I'm going to start a kickstarter because I need xyce to spread some chiptune love on Blip.

You need to Tokyo!

Cambridge UK

Marjorie is an amazing photographer and an amazing girl. Just sayin'.

Holland
Lazerbeat wrote:
xylo wrote:

You need to Tokyo!

Yeah, but my bankaccount won't let me.

New York City

6 days left and we're 64% funded!

Just announced: I'm raffling a Blip Tokyo t-shirt that will be signed by the artists at Blip for those who donate at ANY LEVEL!! That means you're entered to win this sweet piece of Blip memorabilia for even donating $1!

Lexington, KY
Chiptography wrote:

Just announced: I'm raffling a Blip Tokyo t-shirt that will be signed by the artists at Blip for those who donate at ANY LEVEL!! That means you're entered to win this sweet piece of Blip memorabilia for even donating $1!

WANT

NY, US

Less than 32 hours to go and over 80% funded! If you've been thinking about it, now is the time to pledge before time runs out--thank you!

BONUS: One random supporter will get a pro-sound modded, backlit custom Game Boy DMG with art by Kool Skull if you donate even $1 before the fundraiser ends!