Lexington, KY

Question for any GB developers in the crowd!

Are there any regularly visited communities or forums? Seems like a lot of the interest in this topic petered out along with the gameboy itself and as such, there doesn't really seem to be a good place to get with other hobbyists on this matter!

Suggestions?

[Edit] Alternatively, my current issue is securing PCX2GB... it seems to be missing from the internet. Can somebody get me a copy?

Last edited by Solarbear (Aug 15, 2012 8:06 pm)

SLC, UT

gameboydev on irc?

Lexington, KY
stargazer wrote:

gameboydev on irc?

Now I have to learn to use irc...
The jungles I'd crawl through to learn this stuff...

uhajdafdfdfa

irc is pretty simple,you download an irc client which is a piece of software which comes with a manual and/or is pretty intuitive to learn anyway, and then you use it to connect to whatever network and channels you want to visit.

stargazer unhelpfully didn't tell us what network #gameboydev is on though \o/ doesn't seem to be esper (irc.esper.net) where most of the other chiptune channels are

Austin, Texas
Solarbear wrote:
stargazer wrote:

gameboydev on irc?

Now I have to learn to use irc...
The jungles I'd crawl through to learn this stuff...

#gbdev on irc.blessed.net

See you there. smile

NC in the US of America
ant1 wrote:

irc is pretty simple,you download an irc client which is a piece of software which comes with a manual and/or is pretty intuitive to learn anyway, and then you use it to connect to whatever network and channels you want to visit.

stargazer unhelpfully didn't tell us what network #gameboydev is on though \o/ doesn't seem to be esper (irc.esper.net) where most of the other chiptune channels are

Or just use an in-browser client.

Lexington, KY

Awright!!!! See you on there soon!!! Not tonight tho.... I has a show. XD

Harrisonburg, Virginia
SketchMan3 wrote:

Or just use an in-browser client.

Yeah, Mibbit's pretty good.

sweden

http://gbdev.gg8.se/forums/

There is also some other forum but I cant remember its name. Have a bookmark somewhere.

Milwaukee, WI

Hiya.  nitro2k01 runs this site which I really like.  The forums can be a little slow, but I thought it was really cool and tried to contribute regularly.  I'd like to see some new life breathed into the site.  Interestingly enough, the #gbdev listed there is on EFNet.

http://gbdev.gg8.se/

EDIT: smh @ Nordloef

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Aug 15, 2012 9:56 pm)

Austin, Texas

blessed.net is a specific EFNet server, apparently.

I don't know where I got that URL first.

Boston, MA

efnet #gbdev for sure

Lexington, KY

So.... Where should I go then? EFnet.

uhajdafdfdfa

type "/join #gbdev"

Austin, Texas
Solarbear wrote:

So.... Where should I go then? EFnet.

Depending on the complexity of your IRC client, you can configure it to automatically execute commands or join channels for you. EFNet is the oldest IRC network, so it doesn't have many of the server-side features newer ones like Esper.net have--you won't have to worry about ChanServ or NickServ or anything.

Anyway, if you look on EFNet's server list, you can pick one of those that is geographically closer to you and has a feature set you like. For instance, I changed from irc.blessed.net to irc.paraphysics.net because it's close to me and offers SSL.

You'll connect to the same IRC network with the same users and channels no matter which one you choose.

Lexington, KY

Okay!! Thanks!! I will as soon as I get a chance!!! Can't wait to show off my noobishness in the field!!!