Melbourne, Australia

Hey there,

I was wondering if I could tap into the wealth of knowledge here.

I got a GB Smart Card off KitschBent, got lsdj preloaded on there, all was swell. It worked great straight out of the pack.
Then I turned it on today, and it won't even show the nintendo logo.
Other games work fine though.

Tried turning off and on, blowing on cart, etc. No dice. Booted up the smart card software and after much driver fuckery, got it running. There doesn't appear to be any games on the cart....on either pages. So I write lsdj back on there, it does its little 'writing rom' animation, and then it doesn't appear to actually write it to the cart. Obviously I checked (on both pages) to see if it worked in the gameboy, and still not even a nintendo bootup.

Anyone had this issue?
Thanks so much for your time.

J.

what about a dead battery inside your cart?

Last edited by waveboy (Aug 16, 2012 3:27 pm)

Barcelona city - Spain

Dead battery!

sweden

Lsdj should still work even if the battery is dead. The battery is just for holding the SRAM memory (saves).

What OS are you on? I'm guessing windows something?. They have software for both 32 and 64 bit.

I've had problems with some USB-cables not working at all. Also sometimes I've had to check the "game boy color game" box for it to work, dont know why. (Or what that box is called now again I cant remember).

Also send kitch-bent an email.

Last edited by nordloef (Aug 16, 2012 7:24 pm)

Melbourne, Australia
nordloef wrote:

Lsdj should still work even if the battery is dead. The battery is just for holding the SRAM memory (saves).

What OS are you on? I'm guessing windows something?. They have software for both 32 and 64 bit.

I've had problems with some USB-cables not working at all. Also sometimes I've had to check the "game boy color game" box for it to work, dont know why. (Or what that box is called now again I cant remember).

Also send kitch-bent an email.

Win7, 64bit. Installed those drivers. I'll try the GBC mode thing.

sweden

Check out this thread if you havent already:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4764/ … epic-fail/

Melbourne, Australia

Thanks for the help guys, nothing's working yet, but I appreciate it.