hardcore, Australia
TSC wrote:
electricloverecords wrote:

i did not buy it.

You'll die eventually.

calmdownkidder wrote:

I'd do a Fatal Four-Way vinyl split, but the songs have to be about pro-wrestling, and the artwork is a faux-Pay Per View event poster. WHO'S IN?

Seriously? Me.

Team Amiga v team game boy.
SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE DEATHDOME. 2x2  TAG TEAM DEATH MATCH.
(I would also join this idea)

Last edited by godinpants (Sep 29, 2012 3:27 am)

lolusa
Saskrotch wrote:

cheap low quality vinyl usually means lathe cut, which means it'll basically be un-listenable once you listen to it 5-10 times.

dubplate special

godinpants wrote:
TSC wrote:

You'll die eventually.

Seriously? Me.

Team Amiga v team game boy.
SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE DEATHDOME. 2x2  TAG TEAM DEATH MATCH.
(I would also join this idea)

what about an EP where you could play 8-bit pro-wrestling while listening to it?

Liverpool, UK

So I guess I need a Game Boy d00d to be my tag team partner - WHO'S IN?

what's a d00d?

Milwaukee, WI
calmdownkidder wrote:

So I guess I need a Game Boy d00d to be my tag team partner - WHO'S IN?

Right here.

Liverpool, UK

DO YOU EVEN LIFT, THETA_FROST?

hardcore, Australia

DO YOU EVEN OIL TWICE DAILY?
DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO COUNT TO THREE?

Milwaukee, WI

It's all about 'dat creatine.

Stellenbosch, South Africa

I'm in!

Puerto Rico

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/01/3 … potential/

I found this project and remembered this thread! Assuming you or a maker near you has the required equipment, this could maybe be really really cheap to produce? The quality is shit, though.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'd be interested to know if a lathe could be adapted to work with better material. Acetate and vinyl were the best they had in the 70s and 80s but we must have some form of plastic today that will hold together better.

Even if we have to use a press or mold process, surely one of the modern three-letter-acronym plastics fits the bill?

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jan 17, 2013 4:53 am)

NC in the US of America

Interesting. non-vinyl records... Hm. Do people do that? People always say "there's just something special about the sound of vinyl". Doesn't not using vinyl defeat the purpose?

hardcore, Australia

http://lathetrolls.phpbbweb.com/lathetrolls.html This might be of interest to anyone who wants to read about lathes and modern users.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
SketchMan3 wrote:

Interesting. non-vinyl records... Hm. Do people do that? People always say "there's just something special about the sound of vinyl". Doesn't not using vinyl defeat the purpose?

It's not literally the vinyl, it's the format of pressed spirals being read by analog equipment that they enjoy.  For the most part, it's down to the warmth of the amplifier and the imperfections on the record. 

Using modern plastic won't change those audio characteristics.

TSSBAY01

we all die eventually, so do records