Jersey City, NJ

i'd love to do a split with someone.

Wizwars wrote:

apparently these discs will hold up.

but will it blend?

shanghai

fuck vinyls. too expensive. tapes.

Jersey City, NJ

tapes are great too, and i've kept a deck for recording live punk demos on, but i sincerely think there needs to be more chip vinyl.  and i collect vinyl, so it is a completely selfish wish.  overall, it is a personal preference for the package/feel and history of records.  cassettes are still cheap and easy to come by, and very easy to duplicate (my deck even does it high-speed lol)...  tapes just are not as "cool" to me, in look or feeling.  but that is just my humble opinion.    i used to have a tape collection for listening to in the car, all Cure/Morrissey/Smiths, it was great.  but now that i don't have a car, i never find myself pulling out a tape for listening to.  the rewinding/finding a certain song drives me bonkers.  its not like lifting a needle and laying on the next track.

England

i think that the worst thing with getting some vinyls pressed up is having boxes of them hanging around because no one wants to buy them. unless you have decent label backing and a good distributor it ain't really worth it.

Robotcity, the year 20XX
Jellica wrote:

i think that the worst thing with getting some vinyls pressed up is having boxes of them hanging around because no one wants to buy them. unless you have decent label backing and a good distributor it ain't really worth it.

This.

I mean, I used to be pretty deep into the hardcore scene and I would buy EVERYTHING that bands put out on 7" or 12". Hardcore kids buy shit. Chipmusic kids are bums big_smile

Last edited by Men of Mega (Aug 28, 2012 5:57 pm)

Robotcity, the year 20XX

But than again: anyone wants to do a split? big_smile

Austin, Texas
Men of Mega wrote:

Hardcore kids buy shit. Chipmusic kids are bums big_smile

Chipmusic kids blow all their money on shiny game boys. hmm

East Kilbride, Scotland
Men of Mega wrote:

But than again: anyone wants to do a split? big_smile

seanmonistat wrote:

i'd love to do a split with someone.

Westfield, NJ

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but mastering for vinyl is very different from mastering for CDs / digital. maybe in some cases it won't matter or maybe you don't care about the sound quality but you should at least do some research on the subject and make sure that your masters will be fit for vinyl pressing.

Jersey City, NJ

a 4-artist/4-song split would take care of distro somewhat, if all 4 artists play regularly and promote the heck out of it at shows.  it would be possible to sell out of a small run (300 7"s is the cheapest feasible run imho).  lets say 300 7"s will cost about 1000 USD.   250$ per artist.  75 copies each. sell them for 5$.  make 125$ profit.  its a narrow margin compared to how cheap CDs are to make for sure.  If the vinyl were colored, or came with a download card, one could easily charge 7-10 $ for it  without being a jerk.  Anamanaguchi/starscream split was $7 at Blip i believe.  saw it on ebay last week for $80.    chiptune nerds can be record nerds too (i sure am!)     :B

Scotland

i'd be potentially interested in a split, if my music fit with the other artists on the split.

Jersey City, NJ

my crap is at
http://seanmonistat.bandcamp.com
and
http://www.soundcloud.com/seanmonistat
musically, im all over the place.  punk-folk-chip-etc. 
I'd love to hear my single "Don't Count Me Out (chiptune version") on vinyl... that 4-song EP and the "Pray for Death" EP are both mixed/mastered for 7" vinyl if i ever get rich/label support and can put them out the way i'd really like to.

Maine

if i had the money (or the music) i'd love to do a split sadly money is tight around here and personally i dont see very many people in my area interested in owning something like this

Milwaukee, WI

Why not just send demos to a label and have them press the vinyl?

i've considered the compilation thing.  i'll keep dreaming about putting out vinyl, maybe one day i'll have the money.

if one of ya'll makes a vinyl album i'll buy it if the cost is reasonable.  : )