Orange County, CA
SadPanda wrote:
Downstate wrote:

another compilation............christmas really did come early this year !

I chuckled.

adding to AKA

Detroit, Michigan

I want in on this as well, should we call dibs on songs now?

Chicago IL, USA
snesei wrote:

Always call dibs before other people can call dibs, whether or not someone says it's okay to call dibs yet.

Detroit, Michigan
SadPanda wrote:
snesei wrote:

Always call dibs before other people can call dibs, whether or not someone says it's okay to call dibs yet.

Well then put me down for Here comes Santa Claus

California, United States

I might be in... dibs on Jolly Old Saint Nick tongue

Orange County, CA
snesei wrote:
SadPanda wrote:

Well then put me down for Here comes Santa Claus

Doxic wrote:

I might be in... dibs on Jolly Old Saint Nick tongue

Woo

I'll stop needlessly posting about how exciting this is and instead just pay attention if there's any questions or whatever, I'll think of the best solution and add it to the OP.
If updates come along (idk what would) then I'll be sure to mention but basically happy chipping for two weeks! Remember to PM me submissions or any other kinds of questions, whatnot, and I'm sure any CC we can probably keep in-thread so theres not a bunch of christmas CC all over Chipmusic. tongue

edit: updated OP regarding CC and fixed wording on music guidelines!
Also made mp3 deadline October 7th because 3 weeks should be enough time to get a song done and mastered and then there will be the same amount of time to perfect the sound in a .wav format and then a decent amount of time to get it organized into album format.

Also: temp art.

Last edited by Dr Treble (Sep 13, 2012 9:08 pm)

detroit

dibbing little drummer boy!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I think a catalog of who dibbed what on the first post would be helpful. smile
(I'm procrastinating on deciding)

Orange County, CA
Auxcide wrote:

I think a catalog of who dibbed what on the first post would be helpful. smile
(I'm procrastinating on deciding)

Great idea! When I get to a computer I'll post artist names of those who've mentioned to me personally or on this thread that they're participating and then their proposed track if applicable.

Edit: jk did it anyway.

Last edited by Dr Treble (Sep 13, 2012 10:32 pm)

Tulsa, OK

I'd be in if I could pick a song! If I can't pick, can do a Christmassy original

I recorded a sample of jingle bells the day after Christmas last year and have not got to use them yet!

Last edited by Jake Allison (Sep 13, 2012 11:26 pm)

New York

I have a sleigh ride remix/cover i never finished or released. I'll finish it for this thing if you'd like!

Last edited by Parallelis (Sep 13, 2012 11:40 pm)

Orange County, CA
Jake Allison wrote:

I'd be in if I could pick a song! If I can't pick, can do a Christmassy original

I recorded a sample of jingle bells the day after Christmas last year and have not got to use them yet!

Sounds great! Any participation is appreciated smile

Parallelis wrote:

I have a sleigh ride remix/cover i never finished or released. I'll finish it for this thing if you'd like!

I had my heart set on sleigh ride but I can always pull another! If you finish that and feel like you wanna do another or if you just want to do another would be ideal but if you just want to do sleigh ride I understand and will think of something else. I might as well pick last since its the hostly thing to do smile

Montgomery, AL

Put me down for "I Saw Three Ships."  I'll see if I can come up with something short.  Glad someone is into the holiday spirit early, too!  Not October-early, mind, but releasing Christmas music before the holiday season and not the day before/of.

Orange County, CA
Pieces of Eight wrote:

Put me down for "I Saw Three Ships."  I'll see if I can come up with something short.  Glad someone is into the holiday spirit early, too!  Not October-early, mind, but releasing Christmas music before the holiday season and not the day before/of.

I mean, I know people who listen to Christmas music year round so why the hell not, right?
Putting you down for 'three ships, but why come up with something short?

hiding under your bed

I call Angels We Have Heard On High.
Would we be allowed to do a second song?
If not, I may put together a medley/mashup of sorts.

EDIT: Actually, I call Bow Down from Invader Zim's Most Horrible X-mas Ever.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Sep 14, 2012 12:52 am)

Orange County, CA
PianoGameboy wrote:

I call Angels We Have Heard On High.
Would we be allowed to do a second song?
If not, I may put together a medley/mashup of sorts.

EDIT: Actually, I call Bow Down from Invader Zim's most horrible X-mas ever.

Mashup or invader zim sounds pretty nifty! I think medleys would be great in lue of multiple songs since we have so many collaborators it seems only right to only have one track per person. if there are any this/that in the list it is due to indecisiveness and not having two slots tongue

edit: put you down for bow down you can post or pm me for any changes smile

OP EDIT: added rules regarding submission. One track per person, medleys are supported if your track is taken or you would like to do multiple tracks. Also RE: Submission. Upon submission give me 1-3 genre-description so the track listing in OP can represent the diversity the album will have.

Last edited by Dr Treble (Sep 14, 2012 1:03 am)