Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

HERE IS MY 22 CENTS WORTH OF SPARE OPINION MY GOOD FRIENDS (inflation)

NSF is GREAT, I can carry 5000 tracks, have them play accurately almost on any PC I find, and this takes a whopping 5 megs, with the plugin to play them

It also allows you to DJ files in a different context

Obviously, Neil doesn't wanna make it happen, and I respect that... if he's not going to use it then he shouldn't waste his magical creative juice on it

HOWEVER, from my experience, Neil is also one hell of an ACE guy, and therefore I motion that if someone is good enough to figure out how to extract NSFs from .sav data, then he should get in contact with him and I'm sure something can be arranged...

SOOOooooo that bring us to the REAL question:

Is there anyone here that is good enough to do that?

WOW MAN!

OK, i can kind of see the point.

For me though it represents a game music ripping file format as opposed to something new music should be represented by.

I am a slave to you all, as always.

smile

WOW MAN!
XC3N wrote:

and therefore I motion that if someone is good enough to figure out how to extract NSFs from .sav data, then he should get in contact with him and I'm sure something can be arranged...

SOOOooooo that bring us to the REAL question:

Is there anyone here that is good enough to do that?

You mo' fo'. I see what you did there, you slapped a glove in my face.

Help? HELP?! I could shit out NSFs in my sleep.

Bastards.

Geneva, NY

Oh I'm the first one to give a big middle finger to anything VGM related here in the chip music world, but I think this is different.

Also, if the NSF file format for a second holds back any development of NTRQ, ie "I could add this awesome feature but NSFs won't be able to handle it" then middle finger to NSF

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

HAHAHA omg I totally did NOT imply you were not good enough sad

I'm saying that if you have no interest in it, you shouldn't have to do it

and unless we have someone with the skills, it's never going to happen

=$

WOW MAN!

Ha ha, just messing XC big_smile

Abandoned on Fire

LOL  wink

Last edited by egr (Apr 8, 2010 11:10 pm)

0R360N
neilbaldwin wrote:

For me though it represents a game music ripping file format as opposed to something new music should be represented by.

I think the point is so a song can be played back live on native hardware. Dudez like Anamanaguchi using powerpack and whatnot as opposed to mp3

other than that, I dont see the point. I would rather enjoy a song in itunes than having to open an NSF for enjoyment reasons.

astral cat
egr wrote:

LOL  wink

requesting wallpaper size

WOW MAN!
egr wrote:

LOL  wink

big_smile

That's begging to be put on a t-shirt!

Russia, Moscow

Regarding NSF format. There is a lot of original (not ripped from games) music in this format, even more than ripped. It is standart, widely supported on many platforms. Good or not, it is compatibility. Any new format will have long time problems with getting popularity.

If Neil does not want (by any reason) to make a tool for convert .sav to NSF, I'm pretty sure it will be done by someone else. It is not much more difficult than ripping music from the game.

WOW MAN!

Don't worry, it will be done.

From my perspective it seemed like it had unjustified importance but, like I said originally, I could be wrong smile

AANABAY01

cool big_smile

giving NRTQ .NSF export lets people submit entries made with it to Battle of the Bits compos!

Scotland

Open Emu also runs .NSF and .iNES in Quartz Composer. One vote for .NSF here.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

from my point of view the software can aim to have cool "live" features, because software like famitracker ALREADY can puke out NSF's.

just my opinion anyways wink

I was lying in bed last night and this idea came to mind:

Could the NSF be ripped from the ROM in the same manner the OST NSF's where ripped from Games? What do you think Neil?