WOW MAN!

Currently, not really. It's to do with where the NTRQ data is. Because it's in battery RAM, you can't really "rip" it simply because you'd have to have a kind of "loader" code that dumped the NTRQ data from your NSF to the battery RAM where NTRQ is currently expecting to play it from. Code to dump ROM into the battery RAM doesn't exist in NTRQ (well it kind of does in the form of a LZH-ish decompressor - that's how I manage to dump the logo "music" during the title screen so that NTRQ can play it back) but by default, NTRQ just expects the data to be in battery RAM.

I've not yet decided what to do. I could just make it so that the NTRQ data is relocatable (currently it's not but it's not a massive undertaking) which would mean the data could be played from ROM. (Bank switching nightmares aside) that would be simplest. My big idea was to have it so that you could compress a .sav file in the same way I do the logo sound, store that in ROM and have NTRQ player decompress it to battery RAM for playback. That's slightly more complicated but it would be a cool system - would mean you could store your NTRQ data anywhere in a ROM and throw it at battery RAM to play it back. SImple!

I'll probably have to do both (or a combination). smile

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

I'm a total n00b, but wouldn't it be WAY easier to have a PC-based utility that sorts out the .sav and rearranges it in an NSF?

WOW MAN!

Yeah dude, that's what you'll get as an NTRQ user.

But before that can happen, I got to think about and implement the stuff I wrote about in the previous post.

smile

Tacoma WA
neilbaldwin wrote:
egr wrote:

LOL  wink

big_smile

That's begging to be put on a t-shirt!

i am begging for a tshirt!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
neilbaldwin wrote:

Currently, not really. It's to do with where the NTRQ data is. Because it's in battery RAM, you can't really "rip" it simply because you'd have to have a kind of "loader" code that dumped the NTRQ data from your NSF to the battery RAM where NTRQ is currently expecting to play it from. Code to dump ROM into the battery RAM doesn't exist in NTRQ (well it kind of does in the form of a LZH-ish decompressor - that's how I manage to dump the logo "music" during the title screen so that NTRQ can play it back) but by default, NTRQ just expects the data to be in battery RAM.

I've not yet decided what to do. I could just make it so that the NTRQ data is relocatable (currently it's not but it's not a massive undertaking) which would mean the data could be played from ROM. (Bank switching nightmares aside) that would be simplest. My big idea was to have it so that you could compress a .sav file in the same way I do the logo sound, store that in ROM and have NTRQ player decompress it to battery RAM for playback. That's slightly more complicated but it would be a cool system - would mean you could store your NTRQ data anywhere in a ROM and throw it at battery RAM to play it back. SImple!

I'm pretty sure I speak for the whole community here when I say thanks a ton for the commitment to this project!  The fact that you're going to go through all that trouble to add a feature that you don't even want just because some people think it would be neat is seriously going above and beyond.

More importantly, the fact that the project is a freeware application and yet even your donations are going to a charity is truly amazing.  I really don't know what to say beyond that, I just thank you sincerely for the hard work and dedication!

Tacoma WA
jefftheworld wrote:
neilbaldwin wrote:

I'm pretty sure I speak for the whole community here when I say thanks a ton for the commitment to this project!  The fact that you're going to go through all that trouble to add a feature that you don't even want just because some people think it would be neat is seriously going above and beyond.

More importantly, the fact that the project is a freeware application and yet even your donations are going to a charity is truly amazing.  I really don't know what to say beyond that, I just thank you sincerely for the hard work and dedication!

yah for reals.

speaking as someone who is most likely never going to touch the program its been pretty cool watching it all come together.

we all owe you a beer.  all of us.

WOW MAN!

For as long as I have the time and energy for NTRQ, it will always be for the benefit of it's users and the scene.

Peace and love to y'all.

smile

I love you.

Turku, FIN

go and donate!

http://blog.ntrq.net/?page_id=68

Last edited by KeFF (Apr 10, 2010 9:02 am)

))<>((

/me will donate next week when I get paid. :]

Scotland

There's a way to detune/transpose an entire track on NTRQ? Trying to play some track with electric uke.

Minneapolis

I thought I saw that feature in the manual...

Central-ish VA
Edward Shallow wrote:

There's a way to detune/transpose an entire track on NTRQ? Trying to play some track with electric uke.

Top of the screen, the list of patterns as I'll call them, press and hold B, then the number should change to 40, change this number to transpose then let go.  It will change back to the pattern number and you'll find that when you play, everything is detuned as desired.

Last edited by Beverage (Apr 13, 2010 4:29 am)

Minneapolis

Yup. I guess it pays to read the manual. smile Dang, I read it 3 times and I'm excited to get this working on some real hardware.

WOW MAN!
Edward Shallow wrote:

Depends on what you mean by "track". If you mean an entire song then there's no one single number that will do that. You can however transpose individual patterns in the Song Arranger. As beverage said, put your cursor on the pattern (in Song Arranger), hold B and the display will "flip" to show all the transpose values for each pattern in your song. You can then use U/D/L/R to modify the value. By default, 0 transpose is represented by "40". "41" is transposed by 1 semitone, "3F" is transposed by -1 semitone.

Scotland

By entire track I meant song, mhm!  It's working a treat now. Strange getting used to the note placement audio not being the note that will play!

Thank you Beverage and Neil. Loving this on the Powerpak. Sat for 4 hours last night playing with it.

arfink wrote:

Yup. I guess it pays to read the manual. smile Dang, I read it 3 times and I'm excited to get this working on some real hardware.

I did read it! Searched for transpose over and over, but I wasn't exactly sure what I was searching for. Took me an age trying to work out how to add a step. Slowly getting used to this interface.