WOW MAN!

OK, new generative experimental ROM - "SuperMagic Music Maker"!

Be sure to read the accompanying text as there's a LOT more interaction in this one.

http://blog.ntrq.net/?p=568

I think I either need to take more drugs or less. I haven't worked it out yet big_smile

Good stuff.  I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

South Dakota

Dude, this is funky!

very cool, It's actually super inspiring as the robot brains always think of combinations of sounds and patterns that I wouldn't.

oh man great

Geneva, NY

Far out, man! Far fucking out!

WOW MAN!
bleo wrote:

Far out, man! Far fucking out!

Ha ha, I can always count on you, man.

big_smile

Austin, Texas

I am stoked about all of these, I can't wait to get a powerpak next time I get paiiiiiddd~~

Telerophon these latest releases use basic mappers, I could mail you a repro up if you wanted, or if youre coming to SA I could meet up with you, just holla

Nice font smile

washington

I really like it! It's funky and weird and lovely.

Michigan

cool!

WOW MAN!

Oh, something I forgot to mention in the instructions: because the 'randomness' is only pseudo-random, the sounds will be the same for a while every time you boot the ROM. To try to compensate for this I added a little boot-up trick - if you hold down any combination of buttons on the controller as you boot the ROM/turn on the console, the starting 'seed' for the random number generator will be different.

matt's mind

oh, thats a clever fix, awesome.  can't wait to try this out!

WOW MAN!

Might have a revised version shortly. Been trying to think of a clever way to get some arps in big_smile

Plus:

- randomising the starting patterns (currently the first 4 'bars' are set to the same pattern from boot),

- a 'randomise everything' button to mess shit up if it's getting a bit stale

- more patterns which I might also group into 'straight' and 'jazz'* to possibly enable a control that will limit the pattern selection to more straight rhythms for when it's getting a bit chaotic

- a 'keep this pattern playing' control on a per-voice basis

(*not technically jazz. Not even remotely jazz.)

matt's mind
neilbaldwin wrote:

a 'keep this pattern playing' control on a per-voice basis

just wanted to voice my support for this