killadelphia

Dino Lionetti and i have been messing around with some JavaScript / DOS bytebeat music + visuals.  Here's a YouTube of me rocking out with Oven Rake at 8static.  I'm using IBNIZ created by the legendary viznut (the strange equations are mine):

Bytebeat is a fairly simple idea and could be implemented on old consoles.  Bytebeat is basically reading the time clock on a computer and turning it into sound.  The counter creates a sawtooth waveform from the time clock because it has to start back at "0" after however many steps are completed.  Then you bit shift by multiplying values etc. against it.   IBNIZ is the visual equivalent if that makes any sense.   I'm sure some developers could make stuff like this for old consoles - id be in heaven!

Last edited by animalstyle (Sep 25, 2012 4:51 am)

Would be great! I've been playing with this stuff in Bitwiz on the iphone, it's pretty great, can put variables from a double xy controller and the mic input into the code too.

killadelphia
Cementimental wrote:

Would be great! I've been playing with this stuff in Bitwiz on the iphone, it's pretty great, can put variables from a double xy controller and the mic input into the code too.

check out my example on how to use the pad for a momentary instrument!

the mic input makes some crazy crazy sounding stuff - that program is neat but i wish it supported arrays.

Last edited by animalstyle (Sep 25, 2012 4:43 pm)

Cools, I didn't get a chance to actually look at your video yet smile