Melbourne, Australia

As a total noob to chip, I'm experiencing all those delightful things that I hear happen to everyone.
And today, it was my DMG's batteries dying on me and after replacing them I realised my song was scrambled. That was fine, I went back to an old save.

What was strange though, is that no matter what I set my key delay to, it refuses to move more then 2 cells before (almost) coming to a complete stand-still. If I hold it down for ages it eventually moves, but it's long enough to be infeasible.

Is there a common fix for this I didn't find with a few google searches? WIll I have to reformat the sRAM?

Thanks for your understanding.

Sweeeeeeden

What has happened is that the key repeat value value is set to a value higher than the normally allowed range. Normally you can set it up to 15 frames. (1 frame=1/60 second) Now it might be say 100 frames. One way to fix this is to decrease the value until it's down in the normal range. You can do this holding A and repeatedly tapping down and/or left until the values are down in the normal range. You will probably have to do this many times. The value will go down to 0 and wrap around a couple of times.
If you're able to back up the save and edit it in a hex editor, change byte 3FBA to 7 and 3FBB to 2 and the problem should go away.

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Oct 1, 2012 10:47 am)

Melbourne, Australia

Ahh, thanks man! Works great now. Will keep this in mind in the future! smile

Austin, Texas

That problem just got Nitrowned.