Planet Zaxxon

I haven't been around this site lately and am somewhat out of the loop!

Who here is currently making tracks with AT2? I'm curious to hear some new songs from peeps. I'd love to hear what you got!!

Abandoned on Fire

Now that there's a windows executable for it there's a high probability I'll actually finish some tracks.  tongue

Planet Zaxxon

Nice! the windows executable hopefully will get more people on board as well.. And in the future I hope to get enough people making AT2 tracks, so we can put out an album of sorts... showcasing the almighty powers of ADLIB TRACKER II !!

New York City

I still don't get it, and the fact that my Libretto is refusing to run AT2 pisses me off enough not to use it.

Rhode Island

Now that there is midi support....drool

Planet Zaxxon
akira^8GB wrote:

I still don't get it, and the fact that my Libretto is refusing to run AT2 pisses me off enough not to use it.

Yea I would just look into getting a different laptop... *cough" *cough" Compaq *cough" *cough"

2PLAYER wrote:

Now that there is midi support....drool

YESH YESH, and I still need to look into this myself.

Milwaukee, WI

Definitely still interested in it. Messed with it in DOSBox and I really liked the workflow.  I might try to get a lappy that boots straight into it.

Austin, Texas

I recently inherited a beat up laptop with an ESS Maestro 2 SB-Pro compatible card, which I managed to get running AT2 and then crashed the shit out of. I'm trying to repair it on and off in my free time now. The ESS Maestro 2 doesn't sound as good as the real thing, but it runs the tracker and sounds better than the emulation in the 2.4 SDL, in my opinion. Its harsher tonality actually began to grow on me; one would have to make different patches and treat it as a different instrument from a proper OPL3 to get the most out of it. I regret taking it for granted before I toasted my first Win98SE install on it. sad

I got the bug pretty bad from that experience, and now I'm experimenting with getting a YMF724 card working in legacy mode on a newer and more stable desktop system. The caveat here is that for legacy mode to work properly, your PCI motherboard has to have the correct "PC/PCI Link" or "SB-Link" header. I'll be looking for one of those soon.

None of this makes me a good musician though. However, it does mean that I'm actively researching the platform and will be trying to express myself with it in the foreseeable future. tongue

If I figure out the YMF724, look forward to some more detailed information from me about its use with AdLib Tracker II and FM Trackers in general.

EDIT: If I get the YMF724 working, I'll have the complete MIDI implementation of AT2.4 set up. Hopefully, this happens soon and I can report back.

Last edited by Telerophon (Oct 2, 2012 7:49 am)

Chicago IL

i've got an old laptop specifically for running AT2, but haven't been using it much. maybe i'll get back at it once i finish the EP i'm working on!

washington

I'm too dumb to figure it out big_smile

Austin, Texas
basspuddle wrote:

I'm too dumb to figure it out big_smile

Planet Zaxxon

I had no idea what I was doing at first either. You just gotta mess with it for hours and hours and hours and hours!

Austin, Texas

Well, I managed to fix my Win98 / ESS Maestro 2 laptop, so until I get my YMF724 pumping out the real Yamaha sound, I get to do exactly that. wink

San Francisco

http://tapedecktheory.tumblr.com/post/3 … ynthesized

enjoy.

babylon

i really join this club! got interested after seeing akira's thread about the executable version. gonna try and spend some time and see what i can figure out so im crossing my figures. im not gonna lie though, after watching some tutorial stuff on youtube im kinda scared. watched lazerbeats 4op snare video and thought  what the fuck am i getting myself into.

Chicago IL
walter b. gentle wrote:

im crossing my figures.

hee hee