Canada

Hey there! Firstly, thanks for taking the time to stop by and check out my work. I know there's not a lot (yet), but I'll be slowly updating this page as time goes on. A little bit about my style, I like to stick to low resolution pieces usually, specifically under Game Boy Color restrictions, but from time to time, I'll do the odd higher res stuff, usually only going to about Game Boy Advance level. My style stems from an inspiration of other artists who have used incredible pixel cluster techniques in the past, such as Brownie Brown and their work on "Mother 3", "Professor Layton" (London Life Mini-Game), and early versions of Level-5's "Fantasy Life". Another massive inspiration came from the artists who worked on Konami's "Boktai" series and prior to that, their "Metal Gear Solid - Ghost Babel" for the Game Boy Color.

In my spare time, I've teamed up with a programmer turned good friend who works on Game Boy Color homebrew with me (some pics will be included down below). While we haven't released anything publicly yet, stay tuned for some info in the near future about projects we're working on!

And finally, some crappy stills of two Game Boy Color homebrews I had worked on in the past;

Last edited by Kramlack (Feb 1, 2013 10:17 pm)

Detroit, Michigan

looks rad, excited to see what you release

Turku, FIN

Nice! That guitar player's animation is really solid. Great work.

Joliette, QC, Canada

This is very nice !!! smile Keep up the good work !!!

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Kramlack wrote:

Absolutely love these sprites. Very nice work overall.

Boston, MA

lovin it!

Canada

Thanks for the love, guys. I've updated the original post with more stuff!

The guitarist was actually made as a commission for a game that was being developed, but I unfortunately couldn't keep up with the workload and left the project.

Venezuela

Man!, post yoru stuff here!
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/489/a … -drop-box/

Delicious!, we want moar

The Bronx

What ui said!

Also, look... it's Subway Sonicbeat! hehe

Brazil
minusbaby wrote:

What ui said!

Also, look... it's Subway Sonicbeat! hehe

lol it really looks like me

Tokyo, Japan
KeFF wrote:

Nice! That guitar player's animation is really solid. Great work.

Yeah, it's all about that guy. Love it.

Canada

So I was planning to post some more stuff here, but I haven't gotten an opportunity to gather up any more old pieces yet, maybe later today, who knows. I also want to get better pictures of the homebrew stuff but god damn if Game Boys aren't hard to photograph properly. It's worth mentioning that the guitar player is supposed to be disasterpiece but with the minimal amount of space for the sprite, and never actually seeing the guy (just going off pictures I got), I did what I could. The giveaway was supposed to be his purple hoodie and red guitar but I guess I failed!

Thanks again for the love, it's unfortunate that the piece everyone seems to like is the piece I don't really care much for in my collection, but then again, I'm really all about lower resolution stuff. Maybe I've got my priorities mixed up, hahaha.

EDIT: Derp, sorry ui, I almost forgot about you. I'd prefer to keep my work in a thread of it's own, but thanks for the heads up. I checked around the drop box art thread when I first got here, actually. By the way, big fan of your art, it's rare that I care for anything that isn't made-for-game pixel art, but your stuff was really something.

Last edited by Kramlack (Oct 5, 2012 2:50 pm)

NC in the US of America

This is guud stuff big_smile bouncing square thingy is cute.

The giveaway was supposed to be his purple hoodie and red guitar but I guess I failed!

The hoodie needs more hood. Maybe if you animated the hood and made it flop around a tiny bit so it doesn't look he just has massive shoulders. Other than that, it's pretty awesome. He's just slapping away at the guitar isn't he... big_smile

That Astro-Protoman-boy (;D) is pretty shweet. I love those types of lo-res sprites. Probably my favorite style. The hair is awesome. I'd love to play that game if it existed.

Is that the dog from adventure time?

Canada

Wow, long time no post. I just posted a few new pieces around online so I thought I'd update it here too.

@SketchMan3: Not that it matters now, but yes, it's Jake from Adventure Time. Based off a gesture he does while saying, "I came back... For the music."

may i ask how you can get that homebrew stuff on the gbc i would love nothing more than to be able to view mockups on it.

Canada

@Pixelgent: Sorry, don't really know myself, as I don't do any of the programming. A good friend of mine is actually the one doing all the assembly stuff for this, so all I can say is, "Learn assembly". I might be able to get him to throw some mocks onto a rom for you, but it would probably be more time consuming than you'd like.

EDIT: Bah, somehow posted instead of doing a page break.

Last edited by Kramlack (Jan 2, 2013 9:48 pm)