I've tried that, but I do not have sudo installed. I'm using su instead. Isn't the end result the same? I'm just executing it as root, no?

Unsubscribe

i dont know anything about that, im just running that command on wheezy with no problems.

OK. it sounds like the issue is not with lgpt, but with my debian user account. It's a good thing that I like a challenge. Thank you very much for the your help!

Ciudad de méxico, MX

chmod 777 anything that is on the /LGPT/bin folder

I'll give this a shot as well, Thanks Analog. I'm still curious why I seem to be the only one having this issue. Perhaps I'm one of the only few who are brave enough to try such a ghetto build wink

Unsubscribe

Like I said, I am running what seems to be the same setup you are. Rasp Pi, Raspbian Wheezy, latest ghetto.

Riverside, CA
ziggypiggy wrote:

pi@raspberrypi:~$ /home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin/lgpt.rpi-exe
bash: /home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin/lgpt.rpi-exe: No such file or directory

pi@raspberrypi:~/lgpt_DEB/bin$ ./lgpt.rpi-exe
bash: ./lgpt.rpi-exe: No such file or directory

root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin# ./lgpt.rpi-exe

I have to get back to work so I don't have time to upload a screen shot. When I try to open it through the GUI I get an error that says "Failed to execute child process "/home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin/lgpt.rpi-exe" (No such file or directory)"

What the heck?

Well where did you put it?
cd to that directory, ls -l to make sure you have the correct privileges and that the file actually is there, then ./name_of_file.
I can't remember if .deb-exe was just the single executable or an actual .deb file.
If it's like a .deb you'll likely have to install it with dpkg -i packagename or something first.

edit:

ziggypiggy wrote:

pi@raspberrypi:~$ /home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin/lgpt.rpi-exe
bash: /home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin/lgpt.rpi-exe: No such file or directory

pi@raspberrypi:~/lgpt_DEB/bin$ ./lgpt.rpi-exe

root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin# ./lgpt.rpi-exe

huh
In case you weren't aware, when you see someone type $ command or # command  it just means to run the command or to run it as root (#). You don't actually type that part in...
Also you would have to escape the space. Just a FYI.
edit3: lol you're right, I'm used to the way my PS1 is set up wink

edit2:

I've heard that you can launch it from CLI without even starting X

Unless it had a curses interface (which would be fucking awesome) you won't be able to start it without X.

Last edited by The Silph Scope (Oct 4, 2012 10:19 pm)

@ The Sliph. I hadn't though of that. I should have used ls sooner. For what it's worth, if you look closely at my output, I was already in the "/lgpt_DEB/bin" folder, and the $ and # signs were part of the prompt.

I'm about to give up on this.

Sydney, NSW

It really shouldn't be this hard. You must be doing something wrong. If not, then maybe something's up with your Pi.

Tokyo, Japan

Moved to software & plugins.

Unsubscribe

You dont need x to run piggy.

Oh well. I've tried everything that has been suggested and nothing is working. You may as well close this thread sad

Last edited by ziggypiggy (Oct 4, 2012 4:27 pm)

NC in the US of America

You've tried running it in Ubuntu? You haven't gotten it to work with that either?

Geneva, NY

The Piggy: Not Suitable for Quitters

that is correct sketchman3. I have not been successful running the pig on any flavor of linux. The last time I tried, I got an error to the effect of "libSDL-1.2.so.0 , some kind of error with shared object - file or directory not found". This has been an epic fail on my part. I just want piggy on my pi!

NC in the US of America

Hm. I had some problems with running programs when I first installed ubuntu, but I think it was a problem with wine.

It always seems weird to me that two people can have a fresh install of the same exact operating system, yet one can do things the other can't, and it's usually the new "updated" version that can't.

This won't help you with getting piggy in your pi, but a google search netted me these two results in regards to the ubuntu libsdl problem.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/143393/s … ls-to-open
http://tremulous.net/forum/index.php?topic=490.0;wap2

I don't know if that's relevant, but there's lots more results for a google search of "libsdl-1.2.so.0 open failed no such file or directory"

This is a quote from my thread about trying to get KiGB working right in ubuntu. Whenever I tried to get KiGB running it gave me the "no such file or directory" error until:

The KiGB homepage is no help. They don't even mention the fact that you need libstdc++.so.5 to even get the thing to run ANYWHERE in their documentation or website. I had to run some "ldd" command or something to find out what why it wouldn't even execute. And ubuntuforums.org likes to ignore my questions for some reason, and KiGB doesn't even have a forums, and no contact info listed on their homepage.

Are you sure you have satisfied all dependencies? Maybe there's something you're missing. Are you able to run any other non-repository binaries?