sketchman, I'm fairly sure that I'm doing exactly the same thing as everybody else. Everyone else....just double clicked on it. I've spent hours troubleshooting this and have made zero progress. i did look into the libsdl error, and even upgraded those packages. No luck. Maybe I should just flash my debian install and start over.

Unsubscribe

yea try running the latest rasbian distro, did you also install alsa and jack and all that? i just did an apt-get install fluidsynth and alsamixer and that grabbed everything I think you might need.

Jack should not be needed, only sdl & asla. And I guess the runtime version should be there by default.

If the system says "./lgpt.rpi-exe: No such file or directory" that means the exe is not at that place.

Even though I agree with herr_prof about running it in console, there is no problem to run it from Xwindows either. Can you make sure you are in the folder where the file "lgpt.rpi-exe" is before invoking the command.

If it is the right folder, please do

ls -l

and dump the output here

pi@raspberrypi:~$ cd /home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin
pi@raspberrypi:~/lgpt_DEB/bin$ ls -l
total 756
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 773732 Oct  2 18:58 lgpt.rpi-exe
pi@raspberrypi:~/lgpt_DEB/bin$ ./lgpt.rpi-exe
bash: ./lgpt.rpi-exe: No such file or directory

Abandoned on Fire

I set up my raspberry last night and LGPT executed first try.  Are you sure you actually have "lgpt.rpi-exe" and not "lgpt.deb-exe"?  I have no idea what could be causing your issue.

Yes. I just re-downloaded it just to be sure. Same result.

Unsubscribe

what is the output of typing ls then enter?

pi@raspberrypi:~/lgpt_DEB/bin$ ls
lgpt.rpi-exe

I've tried all of these commands as a regular user and as root. It doesn't seem to make a difference. I've also tried putting the executable in different folders.

Unsubscribe

did you chmod the file as an executable:
chmod +x lgpt.rpi-exe

If not at this point id suggest you just you reinstall the whole image cause something seems funky/

I would do like herr_prof said: re-install the image. Don't bother importing anything from debian (i.e. the lgpt_DEB stuff). Simply take again the last version and try to run it from there. Note that the file size of the current version is different from what you have

pi@raspberrypi ~/lgpt/projects $ ls -l lgpt.rpi-exe
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 773568 Oct  5 10:36 lgpt.rpi-exe

If you end up with  a different file size, maybe you transfered it to the rpi with FTP and forgot to specify 'binary' transfer ?

Good luck.

Unsubscribe

i transfered it with a wget fwiw...

sudo wget DROPBOXURL

cli to rule the world !

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

i transfered it with a wget fwiw...

sudo wget DROPBOXURL

nice

Just installed the latest rasperian, and now it WORKS! Thank you all for your help!

Last edited by ziggypiggy (Oct 7, 2012 1:46 pm)