I guess I need a little guidance. I've tried to run the pig on both Ubuntu and Debian, but I just couldn't figure out how to actually launch the program. I recently got the Raspberry Pi build (which i'm very excited about), but i'm having the same problem. The file extension is .deb-exe and .rpi-exe respectively. I'm fairly comfortable with Lixux, but this is stumping me. Does anybody have any experience with this? I've heard that you can launch it from CLI without even starting X. Does anybody know the command? Please advise. Thanks!

Last edited by ziggypiggy (Oct 3, 2012 2:32 am)

Abandoned on Fire

In "properties" did you check the box to allow "executing as program"?  Also shortcuts to the exe cause problems.  You need to launch using the original file in your lgpt folder.

NC in the US of America

Make sure the lgpt.deb-exe is in the "bin" directory. The last time I downloaded LGPT the zip (or was it rar?) file had the executable in the wrong place (the root directory of the program instead of the bin).

I figured maybe they just wanted to add a small amount of the "DiY" aesthetic that Linux users seem to be drawn to, lol.

I mentioned it on the irc (and I think shot them an email, too) so I don't know if that's been fixed or not.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Oct 3, 2012 2:45 am)

Unsubscribe

You can make a script to have it run from everywhere, I used this documentation:
http://gorehole.org/lgptWiki/doku.php?i … stallation

when its all said and done, you can type a single phrase in the command line anywhere to jump into pig action...

I got it working on the pi but its still kinda alpha, at least with usb audio. Getting weird crashes too.

I only use it from the CLI.

You guys are great. Thank you for the responses, but I still can't get it working.

Last edited by ziggypiggy (Oct 3, 2012 12:10 pm)

Unsubscribe

what error are you seeing? screenshots? What happens when you type

sudo ./lgpt.rpi-exe

From the /bin directory where the exe is located?

Last edited by herr_prof (Oct 3, 2012 12:29 pm)

Sydney, NSW

Nonono, you don't need to do that. Just find the file in your explorer/file manager, right click on it, and allow it to be executed as a program. Then double-clicking on it or running it form the cli should work!

I placed the lgpt_DEB folder in my /home/pi folder. I made the program executable via chmod +x, (I checked to make sure that it actually did make it executable), then I tried to open it. Even as root, it says that I don't have permission. When I do it from CLI, I cd into the correct directory, "cd /home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin" , then as su I type ./lgpt.rpi-exe. I know it's user error, but I'm not sure why I'm doing wrong. I'd provide a screen shot but I'm currently at my day job.

Last edited by ziggypiggy (Oct 3, 2012 2:37 pm)

Unsubscribe

What error does it kick out when you try and run it? Provide that or the screenshot.

I wish I had it in front of me. It was something to the effect of "insuffiecient privledges". I'll go home on my lunch break and take a screenshot if I get a chance.

Unsubscribe

Thats fine, you might want to chmod the permissions on all the other relevant files as well.

NC in the US of America

I will never understand why Linux users like to do everything from the command line...

I'm not familiar with any distro besides Ubuntu, but why do you type "./lgpt.rpi-exe" shouldn't be enough to simply navigate to the directory and then type "lgpt.rpi-exe"? That's how I always run programs from terminal.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Oct 3, 2012 2:59 pm)

it's usually the quickest way in linux if you know where a file is located. In this case it's more convenient because you don't even need to start the X server. Either way, I'll run it any way that it works! I'm going to try what @herr_prof said and let you all know what I find.

Unsubscribe
SketchMan3 wrote:

I will never understand why Linux users like to do everything from the command line...

Its because linux gui blows. I have a raspberry pi, so im not going to load a gui for 2 secs just to autoboot into the pig.

pi@raspberrypi:~$ /home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin/lgpt.rpi-exe
bash: /home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin/lgpt.rpi-exe: No such file or directory

pi@raspberrypi:~/lgpt_DEB/bin$ ./lgpt.rpi-exe
bash: ./lgpt.rpi-exe: No such file or directory

root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin# ./lgpt.rpi-exe
bash: ./lgpt.rpi-exe: No such file or directory

I have to get back to work so I don't have time to upload a screen shot. When I try to open it through the GUI I get an error that says "Failed to execute child process "/home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin/lgpt.rpi-exe" (No such file or directory)"

What the heck?

Unsubscribe

Try navigating to  /home/pi/lgpt_DEB/bin and type

sudo ./lgpt.rpi-exe