South Carolina

hey everyone i was wondering if anyone could help me out i really want a custom screen replacement and i found one i want but dont have the equipment or know how to make it i was wondering if anyone could one one and i would buy it.

Czech republic

I can't remember who did these but kitsch sells printable screen lens replacements in his shop. Should help you out:
http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/cu … een-covers

South Carolina

yea i saw those but i dont have really the right printer for those and i prefer not to draw it on the sticker.

I have paintable screen covers in the shop, but they're not great for detailed stuff like that: http://asmretro.com/diy-gear/gameboy-sc … reen-cover

RusaaKK knows how, but he dosn't make them anylonger. I ask'd him like a year ago, he was like "Yeah, gonna start to make new soon" and now like a month ago i asked again and never got a reply.

http://www.facebook.com/rusaaKKMODS

matt's mind
Budusy12 wrote:

yea i saw those but i dont have really the right printer for those and i prefer not to draw it on the sticker.

what type of printer do you have?  is the size not correct?  (i'm just wondering about what the compatibility issues may be)

you don't *have* to print them on photo quality, but with that much black the ink won't sit right, it will likely pool a tiny bit.  and, i don't have matte sheets of the stickers in stock yet.  but, if the ink pools you can sort it out a lot with a sharpie, you'd at least have a fine edged printed layout to work with this way.

South Carolina

Hey kitsch with your sticker sheets is the whole thing a sticker and you just cut it out.

matt's mind

you don't need to cut anything, you peel the stickers off just like a sheet of stickers you'd buy at any store.  the shapes are pre-cut, even the hole for the LED.

there are 8 screen shaped stickers per sheet.  for experimenting, if you mess up, smear, whatever...

but yes, the whole sheet material is a sticker.  you can cut any part of the sheet and have a back to peel off with adhesive on the sheet.

South Carolina

Yea but if I just printed it and cut it out it would still have the outline of the precut shapes on it right.

NC in the US of America
Budusy12 wrote:

Yea but if I just printed it and cut it out it would still have the outline of the precut shapes on it right.

So are you saying you just want a huge blank uncut sheet of sticker?

matt's mind

you can print on it, and cut it however you like.  the 8 screen-shaped stickers will be there either way.

but, if you are using the sheet for a screen cover design, the pre-cut shapes are exactly that shape, so why would you need to cut it out when you can just peel it off?

sorry, i don't understand what you mean really...

are you familiar with the Avery brand of printable labels/stickers?  you can get return address labels, rounds labels, all sorts of things.  these are the same concept as that, except the shape is for where the graphics on a screen cover would normally be.  there is a precut LED hole and rectangular part where the LCD screen is seen.

South Carolina

i ment you would see the precut lines in the cut out i would make because i wouldnt be able to print the picture exactly on the precut shapes perfectly so you would see the lines right.

matt's mind

ohhhhhh.   right, i see now.

you'd see them a little, although through the clear screen protector as long as there isn't a gap i don't think it'd be a problem at all.  the issue if you took this approach would be to make sure the shape didn't come up in multiple parts because the precut places.  or else place it on the gameboy really carefully so it aligns right and you don't get gaps.

thats why there are 8 on the sheet though, you can mess up a bit and not worry too much.  they are also symmetrically placed if you want to attempt a printing template.

South Carolina

i think im just going to buy just a regular black screen replacement on ebay because i dont think it will turn out good.

Kitsch, have you thought about making a downloadable template for the printable sheets to aid in the printing process? It's kind of hard to shoot in the dark on these things...

Last edited by Toastypinecone (Oct 15, 2012 10:29 pm)

matt's mind

i have made several templates.

the issue i found was that even printing on the different printers i had access to, using a template didn't assure the same alignment.

then again, i'm not sure how to go about making a template that adapts to printer settings.  the most I was doing was aligning the pictures according to measurements, which printed inconsistently.

i can post a picture showing the layout of the stickers, they're symmetrical and maybe someone with more word processor knowledge can make something.  would that help if i posted a dimensional drawing showing how the sheet is split?  its 8 sections, basically...

if someone knows a solution to the issue i encountered - inconsistency in alignment between printers - or just has a lot of exposure with template making for a widely used software (word, etc), i'd be up for sending a sheet to you if you'll send back said template!